Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Texas hospitality (airport style)

fritz

Dallas Air Traffic Control: "Tower to Saudi Air 091101--You are cleared to land eastbound on runway 180R."

Saudi Air: "Thank you Dallas ATC. Acknowledge cleared to land on runway 180R. Allah be Praised!"

Dallas ATC: "Tower to Egypt Air 091102--You are cleared to land eastbound on runway 180R."

Egypt Air: "Thank you Dallas ATC. We are cleared to land on runway 180R. Allah is Great."

Pause: Static..............

Saudi Air: "DALLAS ATC! DALLAS ATC!!!"

Dallas ATC: "Go ahead Saudi Air 091101?"

Saudi Air: "YOU HAVE CLEARED BOTH OUR AIRCRAFT FOR THE SAME RUNWAY!!! WE ARE ON A COLLISION COURSE!!! INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE!!!

Dallas ATC: Well bless your hearts. Y'all be careful now---ya hear?"

fritz

Gosh dang it would take a schitt-load of wet backs to clean that mess up.No,on the other hand,this Gringo would gladly do it for free.I know there aren't anybody on the planes but ragheads extremist.Lets make this the perfect fantasy.Jerry

Could it be true?!

Dallas Air Traffic Control: "Tower to Saudi Air 091101--You are cleared to land eastbound on runway 180R."

Saudi Air: "Thank you Dallas ATC. Acknowledge cleared to land on runway 180R. Allah be Praised!"

Dallas ATC: "Tower to Egypt Air 091102--You are cleared to land eastbound on runway 180R."

Egypt Air: "Thank you Dallas ATC. We are cleared to land on runway 180R. Allah is Great."

Pause: Static..............

Saudi Air: "DALLAS ATC!    DALLAS ATC!!!"

Dallas ATC:  "Go ahead Saudi Air 091101?"

Saudi Air:  "YOU HAVE CLEARED BOTH OUR AIRCRAFT FOR THE SAME RUNWAY!!! WE ARE ON A COLLISION COURSE!!!  INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE!!!

Dallas ATC:  Well bless your hearts. Y'all be careful now---ya hear?"

fritz

1565[/snapback]

Mausermeister. Unless I figure it out first, how did you go about putting on an emoticon? A guy sent me one.

laugh.gif  tongue.gif

But the second plane should be cleared to land westbound just to make sure they didn't come in one behind the other.

1604[/snapback]

Mausermeister. Unless I figure it out first, how did you go about putting on an emoticon? A guy sent me one.

1613[/snapback]

FC,

If you're talking about the similies in my response, then you go to the reply screen and there is a section below the post window called "post options". Scroll down to it and check the box labeled "enable emoticons".

If you are talking about my little guy with the minigun avatar, go to the homepage and click on "my controls". On the left side under "personal profile", click on "edit avatar settings". In the center of the screen will be a section called "Your image avatars". I used the option to enter the url to my online avatar to keep from tying up the forum resources, but apparently you can also upload an image directly from your PC to the forum if you want.

Alla to you, Karl!

I'll leave the spelling as is.

Hey, ain't you figured out to register yet?

I even got my avatar (formerly known as icon) back!

But I still ain't got the Gentleman Farmer back yet.

Help?

fritz

I hope I'm not talking down to anybody here, but just in case there are those who may not realize it, runways are always numbered by their magnetic heading. In other words, runway 180R would have a mag heading of 180 degrees, or due south. (They drop the last digit, so it would actually be 18R.)

So, landing east or westbound on RW 18 would make it an extremely short, yet wide runway! This factoid adds to the humor.

OK, blast me for stating the obvious, but I didn't know that for a long time...

Guest Guest

"OK, blast me for stating the obvious, but I didn't know that for a long time..."

No blast..we will take all the help we can get wink.gif

Some of them OTHER folk around here, unlike perfect moi, NEED help rolleyes.gif

Welcome

Abi Bin Karl