Military Firearm Restoration Corner

An Few Things From Me

spec4 e4

First the lousy job. Swift talk me into running the 48 states. Not to happy about that but my dispatcher said that it will give us better miles. Ok. So we are running the 48 now. Since then first week was about 3000 still, but the 2nd week is going to be about 7400 miles. The pay when they get the trip pack and the cut off is Thursday night. Vickey had her first accident in the Chicago area. A guy driving an car cross over the dotted white line and hit the bottom of the driver side step. We pull over and I got the info from him and call the state police. They came and got both sides. Thank God that the other driver was telling the truth and told the officer that it was his fault. He got an ticket, for what I don't know. I will be getting an accident report from them when I get back home. The only thing that piss me off the most is when I put my truck in the shop or take it for an onroad service call to a shop on the road, and I tell them what my truck need and they don't do it. We ran out of fuel in Ka. and put fuel in the tanks, which clogged up the filters(2) and I told them to have the fuel line flush and they did not do it. Two days later it clogged up the filters again. We bearly made it to Junkstown, Pa. and put it in the shop.

We are spending Christmas at my mother's, since my brother pass away last March, I figured that it will be hard on her this Christmas. My sister live with my mother and she had to put an new engine in her car, so I told her I will help with Christmas for her daughter. Spent over $600 on her. I am keep on being told that I am spoiling her, I said I am not spoiling her, I just take well care of her. I bought an computer for my sister because she wanted an new one and the one she has is over 6 years old and she wants to get her GED online, so I figured she could use it.

Got my rifle out of Fulton Armory when I was at home when my truck was in the shop. I turn three shade to white. the time of my M14 was out of tune. The firing pin could have hit the prime when the round is being chamber. Not to pretty thought. Something in my head keep telling me to have it check it out. Thank God I did. I don't listen to the voices in my head because most of the time, 9 out of 10, tells me to stay home and clean my toys.

Bye for now

spec.4

FC, we have talk to many of their drivers and they are telling me that they are getting as an solo 3500 miles per week and that teams get up to 7400 per week. The drivers was well groom and their truck looked to be well taken care off. They also told me that they have BCBS has health care. Plan on leaving in March of next year after taxes time.

spec.4

I was just thinkling about you the other day. We will be taking a vacation this coming summer to the ozarks and since Yelleville and Harrison is on the planned route, I will pass through your neck of the woods. Going to be my first time back in over 25 years and I want to see what all time has changed. I'll have to take a look at crooked creek and let my kids and grandchild see where I fished as a kid. Good to here from you around here again. swamp_thing

swamp_thing, I was wondering how you were doing too. Well, we are taking an vacation in late March and early June to move down there, hopefully. I am sick of Maryland. Since I been on the road I just don't want to go home. But oh, well. We stay out from two to three weeks at an time. We were home for turkey day and going to be at my mothers for Christmas. Swift still an pain in the six still, but once again we have an plan, going to U.S. Xpress. We have talked to alot of their driver and they seem help with the company. We are only asking for 5000 miles an week, in 6 days it is about 833 miles. and on the 7th day, is moreless an make up day to catch up if we are behind.

got to go.

spec.4