Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Help ..i Am Falling.....into A Bp Habit.

karlunity

Once I had all the flavors of Mausers, I figured the I was ok.

Then I found Mosins, after I had a couple I figured I was ok.

Than it was SKS's then Enfields..I still need a No1 Mk lll..

But the worst was over, there were no more mil-sups.

So I purchased a "Richardson Boot Pistol"..only $ 50..: )

Than it was a CSA .44, I returned..later exchanged, for "Remington New Army 1858".

Now I hear a Colt 1860 Army..calling...calling..

Just one more..I can stop any time..

Strong Karl

Karl....just like two of my wives and one girlfriend told me...."Once you try black......you nver go back".

on a slightly more serious note....shooting the old guns is only a little less addictive than crack cocaine.

I must have owned fifty in my life, everything from original french duelers to a .27 Cal. flintlock rifle. I loved them all!

I'm somewhat recovered now....I only own 10-12 muzzle loaders........I have now moved on to the "Heavy" stuff, Sharps .50s HiWall Winchesters, Remington Hepburns and standard rolling blocks........with a Stevens 44 or two along the side.

I travel hundreds of miles just to spend time with other addicts.....all of them toting around an archaic firearm and smelling of rotted eggs......the shooters, not the firearms, we sleep in tents....cook over flames, poop in the woods........dress like extras from a bad western movie, but the fun!...MAN! ...the fun.....