Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Almost Done

skeeter2859

I think posted a few pics before of a 93 Mauser I am working on. I know for sure I asked for help. With the help I got and advice I read to others, my project nears the end. Thanks all.

Details....93 Mauser....Richards 1A 2nd stock....20 inch .300 Savage barrel.

Still left to do...Headspace...buttplate...finish shining and off to blue.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Next are 2 turks and a Springfield. I will add a pic of why my projects take a while to finish. I keep alot of birds (getting close to 100). There are Wild Turkeys, Peacocks, Ringneck Pheasants, Red Golden Pheasants, and more. Their care comes 1st.

IPB Image

Thanks again all.....Skeeter

skeeter

is that a java green peafowl?

i raised ringnecks for comercial hunts in years past..ran about 120 hens to raise my own eggs..but it got to time consuming..sold out of peafowl this spring..still got some brown egg laying hens..can"t beat fresh eggs

nice stock by the way

Thanks all, Will Take more pics when finished. I might sell this 93 because I have another 300sav barrel going on a turk 98. A few years back I had a bad handload. The case came apart and half melted to the bolt face. It was in a m98. I never even got hit with gas in the face. I don't have that faith in a M93. I did dump that can of powder, got a new powder measure and scale.

The Peafowl is an India Blue just over 5 months old. The blue still looks green.

Littlecanoe. The heart is harder than a diamond. On a diamond I do taper the sides 1 or 2 deg. I thought on the heart, the shape would change if one side got sanded more than the other. I would say if you can make a stock out of a cherry tree you cut down, You can handle a little diamond. You only have to cut it a 1/16 (or less) deep to start. If the fit is good cut it deeper if not you only lost a 1/16 of wood. I have a very plain stock I want to inlay a spider wed and spider over the whole buttstock someday