Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Blind In One Eye And Can't See Out Of The Other

karlunity

Fellas.

I went to the range today: .44 rem cap and ball. 9MM Walter P-1 and a M1 carbine.

The .44 groups well but four inches to the LEFT at 25 meters

and the sights are fixed..gad.

OK. I pull out the P-1, I adjusted the sights, so this has gotta be better.

The bullets were all over the target the groups were worse than the .44 ??!! :(

So I take on old M1 carbine.

Now on a good day I can put the rounds in the black all day at 100 meters..I shall restore my pride!

it was NOT a good day!!!

I could hit the gong at 250 meters but the shots were all over the target at 100 and the more I adjusted the sights the worse it got. :(

I think I am gonna take lessons at the "Helen Keller" institute of marksmanship. :(

Karl

karl, the older I get, (I'm 53 now) , the more often I have "those" days. the eye doc said "your eyes are middle aged". This is just one of many "jokes" mother nature pulls on us as we get older. I have been near sighted most of my life and now I have to remove my glasses to read and my rifle sights have gone fuzzy. To say this sucks is an under-statement! There is help, tho. there are vitamin supplements out there that are just for vision help and they do help a lot. wal-mart or any pharmacy has them, Ocuvite is one brand i remember. the first brand I tried did'nt help much so I tried another, and another. It took about three weeks to notice a diference, but they really do help. try one bottle of one brand at a time till you find what works for you. Lutein is one of the key ingredients. us middle aged guys gotta stick together!

fighting old ag one day at a time, steve

Boy does this sound familiar. 20 years ago I shot 6" groups @ 100 yds with open sight .44 mag revolvers off sandbags. And I hated scopes. Now I flip a coin as to what to focus on and my groups look like one blast from a load of 00 buck! Makes me sick. I'll end up with a red dot. Otherwise I'm flinging lead and that don't cut it deer huntin. Thanks for the vitamin tip.