Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Moving To Kc, Mo.

spec4 e4

Well, we are moving in June of this year, close to Ar. but no Ar. My mother asked me and my wife if we want to use her address and the house as an base of ops. No rent or nothing, just work around the house when I get in. Mowing, fix small things, things like that. No big deal as long I have an day off I told her. Since my brother death last March, she has been taking it hard still, so I guest I am filling in the void for now. I plan on giving her money each month. If she does not take it, I just give it to my sister that live with her. So, I get to keep my toys out of cold storages and used of the basement. It will only take me an few days to make the basement into an bedroom and an small livingroom for me and my wife. We will be debt free in less then 8 months. ;)

So I am starting to pack. Up my stuff to be put in an POD and shipped out to the KC area and the rest of the stuff will be put in cold storage in Ar.

spec.4

P.S. How is the hunting in west central Mo. I have been seeing deers all over the place on I70 and I44

What about guns laws??????

Well, you will surely be closer to home there. Funny, I just looked at a house for sale on one of the internet real estate agent sites in your home town. Thought about you immediately upon seeing it. Old place with a wrap around porch in need of some repairs, but for under 20,000.

Having said that, the hunting in the rural KC area was not bad in my younger days. The area east of KC, as in around Hamilton, Braymer, Ludlow, etc. had a large dear, quail and rabbit population. Haven't been there for well over thirty years, so a lot has changed I would guess.

I'm betting that you will eventually find your way back to the Ozarks though, as once it is in your blood it tends to nag away for your return. Good luck with your endevers. swamp_thing

Howdy Spec and welcome to Missouri ! We got to many deer and they need killin'.You may have to drive a ways out of KC to get permission to hunt but there is lots of public huntin' ground too.The farther north you go the bigger the deer and the more of them there are.I suggest you try up in the northwest corner just about as far as you can stick a knife along the Mo.river bottom.Gun laws aint to bad,no cased gun laws you can get a concealed carry pretty easy if you want to pack,but you don't need one to have one in your vehicle,hand guns you do have to get a permit to buy from the sherrif but it aint a big thing.Missouri dept. of Consevation put out maps(free) that have all the public hunting grounds and public boat ramps on em',pretty handy.If I can help you out any just holler and I'll try. Jim

Thanks for the intel guys, I will keep that in mind when I move. I figured this much, I help my mother out alittle and she help me out too. Can you image how much money I can save by not have an home that I have to pay for?? With me and my wife driving, I would have to say $50,000 an year. X 3 years=$150,000. Nice down paymant and an few other things. :) That is not including taxes back from the IRS each year. Wife said that I can have it after this year.

Thanks once again.

spec4