Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Portable Shooting Table Info

Horsefly

A friend wants me to build him a shooting bench that he can move when he's mowing or put in the barn when not in use.He doesn't want a fold up lightweight table,but one heavy enough it will be stable.He wants it rigged to be pulled by a 4wheeler or riding mower.Any ideas? Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

jerry, how about making one that expands up and down like an ironing board with a scissor type lock! you could attach it to wagon wheels or a large size kids wagon! :rolleyes::blink:

• 2 weeks later...
A friend wants me to build him a shooting bench that he can move when he's mowing or put in the barn when not in use.He doesn't want a fold up lightweight table,but one heavy enough it will be stable.He wants it rigged to be pulled by a 4wheeler or riding mower.Any ideas? Jerry

There is a plan in Jim Carmichel's Do-it Yourself Gunsmithing book that meets your friends requirements exactly! There is even a picture of his wife fulling it with a lawn tractor. If you don't have a copy I bet there is one at your public library. I checked it out of my library a couple times and finally bought a copy from a used on-line bookstore for about $6.

Ray

My Dad made a small, one sided picnic table for his deck. It isn't a perfect shooting bench, but it works quite well. I just carry it to the shooting line, and put it back when I am done.