Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ruling That Favors Second Amendment Rights.

usmc0332

"Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty said the ruling could put more guns in the hands of young people. "I am personally deeply disappointed and quite frankly outraged by today's decision," he said. "Today's decision flies in the face of laws that have helped decrease gun violence in the District of Columbia."

Now, it is getting late at night (for me). And I may have been misinformed over the years, but I thought that the crime rate in the District of Columbia had actually increased after more gun control laws were passed there.

Maybe I live in a different country than the mayor does. Or maybe the mayor lives in a different country than me.

fritz

This is good news. But it isn't close to justice, or compliance with the Constitutional rights of Americans living within the District of Columbia.

The handgun ban in DC essentially made functional handguns illegal - even in people's own homes.

Now they may be headed toward being able to keep handguns in their homes. This is a long way from bearing arms.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't these laywer/judges understand?

It's not about crime, it's not about hunting. It's about liberals not wanting anyone to be free and self-sufficient and most of all, responsible for themselves.

The issue is not even about hunting. This issue is about all citizens of these United States who stay in good standing with the law and society being about to own firearms. Period. No matter how you try and interpret it, our founding fathers intended us to own firearms and as we have seen many times throughout history firearms ownership is one of the best ways to ensure a lasting free and democratic society. The argument against personal firearms ownership is the made by those who seek to erode your personal freedoms and inject a higher degree of government interference and control into your life - which is exactly what our nation's fathers rebelled against some 230 years ago.