Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I picked up a couple of nice ones

RGRWJB

RGRWJB --

Man, that's a great deal for those rifles...they look really nice!

And, if I am not mistaken, the versions you have acquired are in good demand, often at higher prices!

Congratulations! They look pretty clean from the photo...I hope they shoot as good as they look!!

Guest Robert357

As a fellow WAC member, who will be heading down to Puyallup this coming weekend, whose table did you get those off of or were they they carry arounds somebody wanted to sell?

Seriously, I saw a Fin MN at a local pawn shop in Bothell, going for $79 and the guy claimed he didn't know it wasn't a Russian MN, so he was willing to sell it for what Big 5 was letting them go for. The only reason I didn't get that one was that the bore looked like someone had used corrosive Russian ammo in it and not cleaned it. It was badly pitted when I examined it with a bore light. I even talked the guy into allowing me to run some patches through the bore and then check it with a bore light. I had a feeling that he may have had such a low price because of the condition of the bore.

Seriously, I know good ones are out there and exist, I am just curious as to where you got yours and if they were on a "saturday only table."

Thanks and enjoy your Fin MN's.

Did you walk in at 9:00 a.m. and see them on a table?

Are you a table holder and found them at 8:00 a.m.?

Or did you find them walking in?

And I skipped that show in Monroe and went to Puyallup Saturday at 8:00 a.m.

I had $525 in my pocket and could not find a thiing I wanted.

A friend of mine snuck in at 7:00 a.m. and got hundreds of bullets for pennies on the dollar.

Well, Clark, I got to the WAC show about 10:30 AM. I was looking for a Fin MN or maybe an Ariska 6.5 mm. I ended up with an Ariska 7.7 mm sporterized war trophy for $150, including a box of unfired Norma Ammo and a set of neck dies for it. I found it on about the fifth table I went to and that meant if was carrying around so much stuff, I really didn't want to buy another rifle.

You can see my post in the japanese rifle section.

I am sorry that the money stayed in your pocket as opposed to helping the local firearms economy. After all, every time I buy a new rifle, I need brass, bullets, and various reloading supplies. Heck, now I am contemplating enhancing the stock on my new used Arisaka.

To pillar block or not to pillar block while glass bedding, that is the question.

All, I can say is that I am jealous of RGRWJB.sad.gif

Two MN's at the Monroe WAC show and another milsurp rifle at the most recent Puyallup WAC show!

He must have a much bigger gun safe than I do. Both of mine are pretty much full and so I have to ration myself on purchasing mil-surp & other firearms. My wife has said that two gun safes are enough whenever I broach the subject of getting another one.

Hopefully my two adult sons (one is still in college and the other just recently graduated) will soon get houses of their own and I can then give them each a gun safe with some of the firearms I don't really want and replace my safes with two bigger ones. Now that would really allow for some fun in going to those WAC shows! smile.gif

I can then give them each a gun safe with some of the firearms I don't really want and replace my safes with two bigger ones.

Robert357 --

Finally! Someone who has presented the only good reason to have children! LOL!