Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Prayer Request

usmc0332

We have had a couple of years that we have gotten blasted from every direction. I have struggled during most of my 15 year Christian walk. I have a beautiful wife of 12 years, that I love. Three beautiful children 6, 9, 12. I have been down in a funk for a year since she went back to work nights, and see her very little, and I miss her. We need the money. Sunday I finally "GOT IT", the missing piece to the surrendering to God, His will- not my will, my strength finally ran out. I got my hope for the future back. I am ALIVE with Jesus, not the dead man I have been. Monday my wife asked for the big D. We have had issues and the struggles of life has beat us up. This is not the route I would choose. She is the best friend I have ever had, even if I have been a lame friend for a while. I want to keep my family. But I don't want what I want. I want that HIS will be done. Please pray for the 5 of us in this time of need. Thank You.

Thanks Az. I am surrendered. This is business for HIM to deal with. I am released. Sorry but I stopped off and had 5 beers. My wife is now Gods business. Tomorrow we tell the kids and I move out. I am ALIVE with HIM. I would rather be alive in Christ than depressed and with her. Negotiations were not open on this. It takes two to work out problems. I am one but not two. All is well. I am not in charge of this. All is new after 12 years with the woman I love, but bad things do happen to good people. My wonderful children will be better off with us apart, than they were before, when I lived a depressed defeated life. I have already learned that you can't drink problems away. I just couldn't be at the house tonight. I went and spent time with close Christian friends, but left before i ruined their whole nights sleep. She is not working(this used to be what i looked forward to). Tomorrow dawns a new day, and a new life. I didn't mean to draw others in, but I was hoping for different results. Times may not be the best, but I know that my strength will not carry me through this life. There is no blame in me. Sometimes life just doesn't work out as you planned. Thanks.

Keith very simple don't move out!! After my 1st divorce I fell into drinking, drugs, sleazy women to name a just a few. From your post you might be headed down the same path. Get your act together and seek outside help. Tell her you need more time before packing up and moving out. If it is really unbearable for her, ask her to move out and leave you with the kids untill other arraingements can be made. Chances are good she will declinea and she knows how to push your button, either forcing guilt upon you over money or soem other possible discretion. If you stay under the same roof, no matter how bad it gets, don't raise a hand to her. I can assure you, you will be better off if the split goes legal on whom the custodial parent is and whom moved out.

God gave you the tools, a mind so use it. God nor anybody else is not going to fix it is up to you to use the horse sense he gave you to save your famioly. If the damage is fidelity, dig you heels in and stay.

Wish I could offer more advive, I'bve been through 3 divorces and a bloody custody fight before the lawyer emptied my pockes. I did get my twins back at about 3 but it was a tough road.

Wish I coulld wrtie more, sleeping pill just hit me like a ton of bicks. There is no giving up for a or retreating by moving out for a Marine.

Thanks for the advice and prayer. I have to go, I cannot stay, myself. I don't know how she will work the kid thing out, being that she is gone at 6pm to work most nights. I am gone before 6am, usually earlier so I am not able to get them off to school. I guess she will have to figure her part out. We haven't been fighting. I have never raised a hand to her and only yelled at her once in the 15 years we have known each other. God is at work here, not for me to figure out. I am not choosing to run my life around bars and booze. He has broken thru with me, and I need to stay in the Spirit and connected with good friends that are good for me. I need to be as good of a Dad as I can, and be there for them. I am not going to lament on the future, my big Brother Jesus has to take care of that. Many details to work out. Moving my stuff out makes for a lousy time. I am not looking forward to telling the kids. Everything always seems to work out some way. I am glad I know I am not big enough or strong enough to go thru this alone. I am really grateful for you fellas. I am reaching out in all directions, and I am glad I could do that here. By myself I can't get it right, in Jesus anything is possible.