Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Question

swamprat

I corresponded via e-mail with Jim a couple months back (when mrs fritz was in Springfield with her sister in the hospital). He didn't mention any problems, but did offer any help that mrs fritz might need while in that area. He has a relative in Springfield, but his farm is further north.

We meet many people here, many friends are made via this board. I feel, as many of you do, that when we are in the area that they live, they will help us if we need help. I know for a fact that Jim is such a fellow.

Emul8, if you happen to read this, I hope that you feel no disregard for us still here. We may have had (hell, we sure did) have some differences in the past. But I feel that we worked around them, and that no lasting feelings are present.

There are many reasons for folks to come here, some to share their interest in firearms and the world of firearm-related issues in the news. This forum has a good title (Chewing the Cud). I feel comfortable here, even after offending some of you. I assure you all--there is no long lasting hard feelings.

Jim and I have a lot in common, and I hope he comes back to post again. I also hope Emul8 will find us again someday.

fritz

I talked to Jim about a month ago,and he said he's going to truck school to get his DOT license and start driving a truck since he's out of the turkey business.I need to get back with him and see how's he doing,and I'll be sure to fill ya'll in.Maybe he'll holler at us soon.Jerry

Emul8 isn't mad at this forum.Of this I am sure or at least I think I'm sure.She doesn't come to the forum I usually see her on much either and she explained that since moving to New Mexico her internet time cost has risen sharply.That plus her new job have kept her absent for a lot of places she used to frequent.

I will certainly pass along your best wishes to her.

Stan

Hello everyone!

I see that Stan in SC has communicated my sentiments around my visits, or last thereof, to this forum. He had also posted to a forum that I do frequent a bit more regularly that some of you folks were inquiring of my whereabouts. Thank you Stan in SC!

There are many reasons why I have not visited any number of forums over the past year since I moved here to NM, most of which have to do with nothing truly substantial. I am definitely not mad at anyone...even that pesky ShooterTom fellow here!

:P

I will try to stop in more frequently and I appreciate those of you who've asked after me...very sweet!

Hello everyone!

I see that Stan in SC has communicated my sentiments around my visits, or last thereof, to this forum. He had also posted to a forum that I do frequent a bit more regularly that some of you folks were inquiring of my whereabouts. Thank you Stan in SC!

There are many reasons why I have not visited any number of forums over the past year since I moved here to NM, most of which have to do with nothing truly substantial. I am definitely not mad at anyone...even that pesky ShooterTom fellow here!

:P

I will try to stop in more frequently and I appreciate those of you who've asked after me...very sweet!

Man, I thought I smelled something when I came in. Where's the Lysol! Phew wee!!

Man, I thought I smelled something when I came in. Where's the Lysol! Phew wee!!

Hey Tom

What happened to your other reply to this thread?

ShooterTom, I can't imagine how you could scent my return to this forum since your own head is generally up your hindquarters...about the only thing you should be able to smell is Eau d'Colon.

Ah well, it's nice to "see" the rest of you folks!

"since your own head is generally up your hindquarters...about the only thing you should be able to smell is Eau d'Colon."

True enough, Yet the stench was so prevalent, I was still able to smell your arrival.

Tom

"Sort of makes me homesick for my old block in Brooklyn.

karl "

I take it that there is a similarity between that and this lately? Never having lived anywhere above the Mason/Dixon Line, you could be right.

Anyway, I am glad that Emul8 doesn't hold any grudges against me. It was all in jest, afterall. I have been accused of being a troublemaker a long time before being booted from Bill's boards. I was once ejected (evicted) from an apartment because i wrote a letter to the editor, being critical of the housing conditions.

How the hell was I to know that the landlord was also the owner of the newspaper??

I never wrote another letter to the editor, although now in my old age, I am being tempted.

fritz

"Sort of makes me homesick for my old block in Brooklyn.

fritz.

Yeah, it was mostly an Italian -Irish block, : )

Everyone got loaded on Friday night and unloaded on each other. ;)

Karl

:unsure: Howdy ya'll. listening to you folks on this thread makes me homesick for the good old days. ya know, family get togethers an' what not. I can sure feel the love here. hope no one will miss me when I'm gone. Got some major medical problems with the wife, so I 'll be gone for about a couple of months. See you folks. later. Dave : :(

:unsure: Howdy ya'll. listening to you folks on this thread makes me homesick for the good old days. ya know, family get togethers an' what not. I can sure feel the love here. hope no one will miss me when I'm gone. Got some major medical problems with the wife, so I 'll be gone for about a couple of months. See you folks. later. Dave : :(

Sorry to hear about your wife. Will pray for quick recovery. You take care and hurry back.

Swamprat

Dave,

My best to you and your wife. I would be lost without mine.

Howdy Folks, Dave I sure hate to hear about your wifes health problems,hope things get better for you'all soon.Rat I was through your neck of the woods last week as Horsefly said I'm driving over the road now,thought about you when I was there.Got a load of rebar on now that goes to Wichita monday morning.Horsefly and fritz,I'm getting to Texas a fair amount,saw some awfull good looking corn down that way from Austin north in a few places.Jerry I had planned to try and give you a call the other evening and try and buy you a cup of truckstop coffee but I didn't roll into your neck of the woods till later than planned and knew you needed to get up early so didn't want to bother you,I may try again if it ever works out.I'm getting to see alot of this great country now after having spent all my life on this farm but it doesn't leave alot of time for the computer.Sure don't miss the turkeys but still have a big mess to clean up and that and my cattle take up most of my time when home but life is good.Well we got army worms within about 5 miles of us in a couple different directions so I better get out and check my pastures again before leaving,I don't need to come home and find myself without grass for my cows.You'all take care,Jim

Dave,

mrs fritz and me wish you and the wife the best of luck. Get back with us when you can.

Jim, glad to hear you are enjoying the trucking. Yes, the corn and pastures are doing great this year in my part of Texas, much better than last years with the drought. I just finished the first hay cutting, and still need more hay to fill some orders. Hope we continue to get rainfall this summer. Maybe when the hurricane season starts next month it will bring us some (rain, don't need the wind).

Take care,

fritz