Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Got Home On Tue Morning

spec4 e4

I got home about 0400 EDT and when I walk thur the door, the smell nearly kill me. Smell like an dead animal was in my house. I started looking and found that my frig was not working. :angry: So I check my brakers. Yep. the braker was off. :o I asked my friend if he turn it off. Yep he said. He said you told me to. I told him to turn off the hot water heater. :blink: What he can't read or something, it was marked. My wife asked me to clean it up. No problem, I smelt worst then this. But the house. OMG.

Also we got the water bill in. OMG. I have an water leak too. just my luck. Now I have an wet floor and almost an $300 waterbill. Went to the mailbox and get my mail. Got to go to the post office becasue my friend was to lazy to check it and there was an postcard in the mailbox saying to pick up at the post office. Thank God that I have no pets. Also got an letter saying my grass needs to be cut.

I have asked my friend who I pay($40 pre week) to take care of my place while I am away, what happen. He said he does not feel like taking care of the house no more. DUH. So I have asked for my keys back, he got pissed off. What mowing the grass when it needs it and get my mail every other day is to much and keep an eye on the place.

After I got my keys back from him, he asked me to mow his lawn when I get an chance to. What an joke. After I took care of water leak, the food in the frig and cutting my grass he came over and asked why I didn't mow his grass and asked for an beer.

Friends like him, I don't need any enemies.

The freezer thing reminds me of a joke I once heard.

This fellow had a talking parrot who was using profane language all the time. He told the parrot one day that if he cussed one more time, he would punish him. The parrot ignored the threat and continued using foul language, so the fellow stuffed him in the freezer and told him he couldn't come out until he reformed.

Not long afterwards, the fellow heard a pecking sound on the freezer door. He opened it up and the parrot came out and swore that he would never cuss again. Then he asked the fellow, "What did the turkey do?"

fritz

I think I have the perfect solution for you on this one. First, remove the bug shield from the front of your rig. Now, with some home made brackets, install said neighbor onto the front of the truck. Mounted properly he can serve as a hood ornament as well as a natural bug shield. At the end of three or four trips across the desert making those runs to Kalifornia, simply dispose of him at the edge of a swamp. All things considered you will have rid yourself of the neighbor and kept the truck cleaning bill down at the same time. Dave

PS, meantime keep on truckin and thinking of the Ozarks

swamp_thing, thqt was funny, I even thought about it. But I either wash my hands of him. I found someone one else to take care of my place. My great aunt and uncle that lives down the road will check the mail for us and an boy that lives down the road will cut the grass once an week and I will pay him $10.00. I am saving $120.00 I guest everything work out for an reason. I even pay the boy up front for two month. I give money to his mother for payment. She said that she will make sure he mow my yard once every week on Sat. I told that was fine.

As for the Ozarks. I have to make an little side track, moving to KC of Mo. for about two years. My father is being you know what and I was told that I can not keep firearms there. I have to put them in cold storage. F@#$ed him. He thinks that my AR-15 is an M16(full auto). He even told me one time that his rifle was made in Pa and when I look at it, it was an German Action that been sportized. And I told him that it was an German Mauser and he told me it was not and that I do not know what I am talking about. I have one of those father that now it all. Does not bother me to much, I just grin it and beare it. When I get down ther I will prove him wrong by taking my RC mauser and pull the bolt in front of him and slam it home in his rifle. More likely his face will look like :blink::huh: So I am moving to my mother house and she said I can keep them there as long they are lock up. No problem there are in an safe.

fritz, that was funny. too funny.

spec.4