Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I'm Thinking I Need To Build An Ark

ShooterTom

No rain at my place today, but there was a shower early this morning about a mile passed me. The only damage I've had is a tree blown down on a fence, will have to fix that someday.

Tomorrow is the big day for fireworks. At least there shouldn't be any grass fires this year from them.

fritz

OK, enough rain for you. It's time for the sun to shine and mud to dry. Seems to me that the humor has left the region for all of you, so I shall wish better days starting now. Sure hope it helps for you. Meantime, take care and remember the sealer on that lumber.

About that ark---has it rained for 40 days and 40 nights yet?

Hell, it seems like it. But I don't think it's 40 yet.

Just wait a few more days, and if it don't quit (the weather service says it won't), the ark may be needed.

Remember the Boy Scout motto---Be Prepared!

fritz

We made it through the night rainless,but man it has fuzzed up and looks like it could rain any minute right now.We got 1/4'' yesterday about noon,and on top of water already standing,it was a small flood,again.

Swamprat said we aint ever satisfied and he's kinda right.All this rain has caused me septic problems,knocked down fences,went through my barn and is still a muddy mess,and ruined my garden,but to be honest,it still beats the hell out of the droughts we just had.Seems like it easier on you starring at the sky wishing it would stop than to stare hour after hour just for a hope of a cloud.This rain has shown me issues I need to address.Like more gutters,drainage ditches around house and barn,better,deeper and stronger fence water-gap corner post.TWC said maybe Monday we'll start having drier weather,but that's what they said last Monday.fritz,my son and brother took my boat down to Port Aransas,and they said the Gulf is about to go over the spillway.The last time I went to Rockport fishing,a few years back,they had just been through flooding in the Hill Country and the fishing was terrible.Way too much fresh water mixed in with the salt. Jerry