Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Getting Well

cold shot

hi all, just thought I'd give you'all an update about my wife. did'nt know where to put the post

so hope I'm not outa line. I've been learning how to take her blood sugar tests and giving her the insulin.

she has been beating the clock in the healing process. no blockage anymore, the foot doc says that she is growing new flesh over the bones. according to his medical journals this at this early stge is not suppose to happen. he might not have to do anymore amputating, just do skin grafts. thanks to all your prayers and support she is getting super better.

I personally could not have gotten through all this without your careingness. thanks ever so much. Dave :)

Dave,

I'm glad to hear all is going so much better for you and your wife.

I wish my dad would have had such luck. He recently had to have his leg amputated. Then, to add insult to injury, they had to amputate it some more, this time above the knee. Still, he is alive and doing well.

Good job on figuring-out how to control the blood sugar - that's not easy to stay on top of, and it's so important.

Keep up the good work and I wish you and your wife the best.

DT

:D super update. Kathy went to the doc this past weds. and after looking at the foot definitely no more amputations. He wants her to just heal naturely. Either sept or maybe oct. to do the rest of skin grafts. Hooray. I'm happier than an anteaters at a termite convention. Like before, thanks ever so much for you folks wishing good thoughts. Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
:D:D OH Happy Days, Absolutely NO more surgery, not even skin grafts. T he doc says she is 65-70% healed up on her own. She'll still be in a wheelchair for about 2 more months. He was surprised of how fast she is healing. Just wantedto share the good news with my friends. Thanks again for all your consern and best wishes. Dave and the family.

Sorry Dave, I must have been sleeping on the job as they say the first time around and missed your post. It is really great news that things are going well for you and the wife. I certainly hope she continues down the path to a speedy recovery.

• 4 weeks later...
:D hi everyone, just a short update. Kathy has been approved for medi cal and ss disibility .Checks will start in Dec. The foot only has a spot the size of a quarter to heal up. Looks like someone has been taking care of her. Thanks everyone. B) Dave