Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Rossi (taurus) Snubbie...

KodiakHunter

Several years ago I purchased a Rossi Mod. R-462 stainless snubbie in .357 Mag. It has a medium frame (I believe). I haven't shot it much, and I know that I need to shoot it more, but I've been wondering how they hold up. If I understand correctly, Taurus bought Rossi out, as this weapon has the Taurus hammer/trigger lock system built into it. I currently use this for concealed carry, and I do like it, except for the fact that the frame is a little larger than I care for. From what I've seen so far, is they don't make them on a smaller frame. I could go with a Smith, Mod 60 "J" frame, but we're talking about twice as much cost. I prefer a revolver to a pistol, as that is what I'm most familiar with. I was just curious as to how the Rossi holds up to the pounding. Thanks.......Wayne.

PS: re previous post about Bauer magazine, I haven't means to post photos yet, but when I do, I'll put one up of the clip, if it's the same & still available...Thanks.

i've got a rossi .357 4" that i pack for back up bear hunting. stainless, and it works great! it'll put a fist sized hole through the shoulders of a bear at 20 feet... mine locks up tight and shoot good. what's not to like for $250 used?

i've got a rossi .357 4" that i pack for back up bear hunting. stainless, and it works great! it'll put a fist sized hole through the shoulders of a bear at 20 feet... mine locks up tight and shoot good. what's not to like for $250 used?

I have a (pre-Taurus) Rossi 357 I purchased used from J+G apx 2-3 years ago. It was originally used by a California security co. that went belly up. Shows some holster wear but doesn't appear to have been shot much. I suspect it has forcing cone problems as it doesn't like 357's. Factory ammo is a bit sticky to remove and proven reloads used safely in other 357's shows signs of excessive pressure. I shopped Ebay and got real wood grips for it and dumped the cheezy rubber. With mild 38 lead full wadcutters it shoots as accurate as my S&W Model 15. I'm not satisfied with it at all and will likely use it as trading goods.

rossi.jpg