Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Assault Weapon For Sale On Ebay

ShooterTom

:rolleyes: Hey shooter tom, I'ld like 4 please. 2in camo, large trees, an' 2 w/swing out cup holders an' night vision. !!!!!! Dave in norcal Just Kidding, no cupholders.

Nice avatar Tom. How is the SCV working out for you?

My dad is a member of Horace Randall camp. I should probably join Stone Fort, but I need to get into what I just joined before I pursue any other organizations.

Jason

Hey Jason, It's working out well, I am enjoying it. I haven't been to every meeting. I'm hit and miss. The Colonel Middleton Tate Johnson Camp in Arlington that I belong to, is a long haul from Grapevine in work traffic.

Ive been invited to go the the Maj. K. M. Van Zandt camp meetings in Fort Worth. So I may go to those too. It will be eaiser to get to since it's Saturday Morning Meetings.

Thanks, Tom

Now there's more pretty good actually,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=017

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=015

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...438956&rd=1

And this is good

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...hlink:middle:us

SCV ? I've been thinking about joining our local SUVCW. OK, I'm a Yankee already :D

Thanks for those links they were funny.

"SCV ? I've been thinking about joining our local SUVCW. OK, I'm a Yankee already "

Yankee's are OK, They can always serve as a bad example :P Just kidding, What unit/units did your family serve?

Tom

Well actually, one of my hobbies has been genealogy recently so...

Great Great Grandfather - 24th Michigan Company C went missing at Gettysburg, returned to

his unit a year later, attended the 24th's monument dedication in

Great Great Great Uncle - 24th Michigan Company F KIA 5 May 1864 Battle of the Wilderness

Great Great Great Uncle - 9th Michigan Cavalry Company C enlisted at 16 Participated in

Sherman's March

How 'bout yours? :)

mrs fritz had kinfolks here during the War of Northern Agression.

One of her great, etc. grandfathers fought with the North in the Illinois Volunteers (on her father's side of the family), and her great, etc. grandfather on her mother's side of the family fought for the South. Not sure what unit he was in, but I have a photo of her Union kin. He is pictured in this reunion photo taken around 1900 of the survivors of that Illinois Company of the GAR. I believe he is on the right seated----

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/fritz/garpost522.jpg

fritz

In his obituary, it reads, "Mr. Hill served with credit through the Civil War as a member of Company K, 127th Illinois Volunteers. "

He was a very active member of the veterans organizations after the war. I will always wonder if he maybe was in a battle that put him up against mrs fritz' other kinfolks from the South.

My folks didn't get here until the late 1800's. My great, etc. grandfather was a shoemaker in Germany, although he had the same name as a famous gunmaker from Belgium. Heck, I though that was where I got my interest in guns, never have been interested in shoemaking. But it was a necessary profession in Germany at the time. Just as guns were.

fritz

Well actually, one of my hobbies has been genealogy recently so...

Great Great Grandfather - 24th Michigan Company C went missing at Gettysburg, returned to

his unit a year later, attended the 24th's monument dedication in

Great Great Great Uncle - 24th Michigan Company F KIA 5 May 1864 Battle of the Wilderness

Great Great Great Uncle - 9th Michigan Cavalry Company C enlisted at 16 Participated in

Sherman's March

How 'bout yours? :)

My G. G. Grandfather -157th Virginia Militia Company B

G. G. Uncle - 24th Virginia Infantry don't remember the company going by memory

Still working on the geneaology seems they were more. I just need to verify them first.

The unique thing about my Family is that they all belonged to the Old German Baptist Church (the Dunkards, the Church of the Brethen etc.)

Which didn't believe in war, The church elders denounced the Confedercy as being against the will of God. If you broke church teachings you were booted out. So it is interesting that I have Confederates at all in my line.

As my camp commander put it, My Grandfather saw those theiving Yankees coming over the hill and he decided not to lay down :)

I haven't even scratched the surface of my same family in PA that were in the Union Army. there are not enough hours in the day! sigh.