Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Paradox Of The 21st Century...

roscoedoh

Gentlemen,

In a world where we all have upwards of 60 channels on basic cable or 150 channels on the satellite, can someone please explain to me why there's never a $*!^@& thing on when I have time to watch it???

In a world where we all have up wards of 60 channels on basic cable or 150 channels on the satellite, can someone please explain to me why there's never a $*!^@& thing on when I have time to watch it???

THAT SIR, IS THE UNIVERSAL CONUNDRUM OF OUR AGE. : )

I recall enjoying TV more when there was only 9 stations>

Recall how we looked forward to UHF and 84 stations??

like o wow: )

Karl

"I have 3 letters for you D.V.R

Tom "

Yes, that is what I use, then watch the programs on slack periods. I don't know what I would do without the DVR upgrade with my DishNetwork subscription. I use the program guide and flip forword for about a week or so ahead, when I see something I want to watch, I put a timer on it. With a hundred hours of timer space before it resets, I sometimes have a backlog of programs to watch.

I like the RFD Channel, with all the old tractors restored and paraded, also the Texas Country Reporter shows. The classic tractor shows got me into tractor restoring, and that takes a lot of my time now. It really gets annoying when it rains everytime I have parts ready to paint, like the entire tractor. Almost as annoying as having to wait a month to get parts from the "slow movers" warehouse, some come from England for my David Browns.

I record the Guns & Ammo TV shows, but usually just fast-forward through them unless there is something that interests me. Same for the American Rifleman shows.

The nice thing about using a DVR is that you can watch a program in half the time, after editing out the commercials.

fritz

"I have 3 letters for you D.V.R

Tom "

Yes, that is what I use, then watch the programs on slack periods. I don't know what I would do without the DVR upgrade with my DishNetwork subscription. I use the program guide and flip forword for about a week or so ahead, when I see something I want to watch, I put a timer on it. With a hundred hours of timer space before it resets, I sometimes have a backlog of programs to watch.

I like the RFD Channel, with all the old tractors restored and paraded, also the Texas Country Reporter shows. The classic tractor shows got me into tractor restoring, and that takes a lot of my time now. It really gets annoying when it rains everytime I have parts ready to paint, like the entire tractor. Almost as annoying as having to wait a month to get parts from the "slow movers" warehouse, some come from England for my David Browns.

I record the Guns & Ammo TV shows, but usually just fast-forward through them unless there is something that interests me. Same for the American Rifleman shows.

The nice thing about using a DVR is that you can watch a program in half the time, after editing out the commercials.

fritz

I record Texas Country Reporter also, good show. We used to get the RFD Channel but when we switched providers it didn't have it offered. I miss that one.

Tom