Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Travel Travails

FC

We fly quite a bit for business and vacation, We fly American which is a no brainer being right next to DFW.

I can't complain too much, There are some delayed flights and their "Eye on American" Program that they play instead of a movie. It is a big infomercial for CBS, it gets old.

The one airline I won't fly is Southwest I don't like the no assigned seating deal.

We spent a week once at a Days Inn, In a small town in Colorado of the 6 days we were there. The room was cleaned twice. We complained which was a waste of time. The trash can was overflowinging by the time we left. At the time they were the only game in town.

Now that we have Kids. We stay a lot in Residence Inns, Most are fairly clean we have had no real troubles with them.

Tom

I have never stayed at a Days Inn, or flown that airline on the list. But as to Southwest Airlines, I believe mrs fritz has flown it without any problems.

What I would like to see compared is insurance companies. We all see the TV commercials that flood the tube about insurance companies. The one that we see most here is Progressive, those people must make a lot of money to be able to spend that much on commercials.

But there is more money to be made in the insurance game than any other game in town. That is why they advertise so much. So, which company is the worst, and which is the best?

I would wager that you would get ten different answers to that question. Let me just give my two centavos on Progressive, and I will leave the rest alone. Personally, I have Allstate, and I am satisfied.

Now as to Progressive----those of you who buy into the line of schitt that they are the cheapest, that might be so. But, as we all know by now, you get what you pay for.

mrs fritz has had two accidents in San Antonio, both rear-enders where the other guy was at fault. Both times her Crown Vic had to be in the body shop for several days. The first accident involved a fellow with Farmers Insurance, and his company gave mrs fritz a Lincoln Continental to drive until her Ford was fixed.

The second accident involved a fellow who had Progressive, and the Ford was in the shop for another few days. But what did Progressive give her to drive? A sub-compact red rollerskate! The rental car company said that it was all Progressive would allow. She was rear -ended in a Crown Vic, and ended up driving a red rollerskate.

Thanks Progressive, but I believe we would all be in better hands without you.

fritz

My policy with Progressive expires in October and a friend at the Lufkin State Farm office is going to write me a new insurance policy.

As for flying, I fly Continental. They go everywhere I want to go and I am accumulating frequent flyer miles that I may eventually use for something. I like Continental's service and find their website easy to use when I want to book a flight. I've flown Southwest with any real complaints, but since I view travel as an inconvenience and want my seats guaranteed when I book them, I do not fly Southwest since I cannot be assured a spot when I arrive at the gate.