Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ranger School Update

Jimro

Right now I'm on an 8 hour refit pass from Ranger school, thought I'd give ya'll an update.

After being recycled from Mountain phase back to Darby my peers went from 58% to 85%, and I passed 50% of my patrols. I had a kickass recon mission as a squad leader, we snooped and pooped our way up a hillside looking down on the objective. After about 20 minutes of observation the Ranger Instructor got bored and told the OPFOR where our objective rally point was and to go attack it. So they proceded to walk within 30 meters of our position and startle a doe and fawn to our front and rear, evidently we pulled a pretty stealthy sneak into our observation point. My bravo team leader did a good job defending the ORP and we all got our go's.

I'm in a lot better shape physically now than when I last went through Mountain phase, no exertion injury and no upper respiratory infection. Hopefully things go as well the second time as they did through Darby. As the weather gets cooler my endurance only goes up, my best run times have always been in winter. I guess I just overheat a little too quickly. Hopefully the next time I sign on will be late October just before graduation.

Jimro