Military Firearm Restoration Corner

This Is %&&(*(*)()()( American History From Mexican Gov Text Books In Us Schools!

karlunity

Some Oregon high schools are adopting Mexico's public school curriculum to help educate Spanish-speaking students with textbooks, an online Web site, DVDs and CDs provided free by Mexico to teach math, science and even U.S. history.

The Oregon Department of Education and Mexico's Secretariat of Public Education are discussing aligning their curricula so courses will be valid in both countries.

Similar ventures are under way in Yakima, Wash., San Diego, Calif., and Austin, Texas.

Students come to us with such complex issues," said Tim King, director of Clackamas Middle College and Clackamas Web Academy, where a virtual course using Mexico's learning materials got started this week.

"We've had to change in order to fit into each school scene, become more complex and open ourselves up to new situations."

Oregon officials say the approach is intended as a supplement to keep students learning in Spanish while also gaining English skills.

BLOG: Mexican curriculum incites debate

Until now, Oregon school districts generally have relied on bilingual aides or used Spanish material different from the English material others are studying.

"That's not enough," said Patrick Burk, chief policy officer with the superintendent's office of the Oregon Department of Education. He said the idea is minimal disruption for immigrant Latinos.

"The availability of resources is astounding," said Burk, who flew to Mexico with Oregon curriculum officials in August to discuss making equivalency standards official. "We're able to serve the students so much better if we're working together."

Get hold of your media and congress people and raise Hell.

_)()()*(**&&^&**()()___+((***&&&^%%&**(*()))+__)(**&&^%%%^&*&*((( dam.....maggots...shi&&^^heads

karl

Yeah, I remember my parents telling me they did that same stuff for my grandparents when they came here from Italy. Yeah right! Alot of my older relatives never learned to drive - they walked to work - happy for the opportunity. This whole alien thing totally sucks!

Ya it sucks.American citizens are being stripped of our hard earned money and living standards will brought more in line with the illegales all for the advancement of politicians careers.The party that had the nads to say enough is enough,close done the borders and deport anyone here illegally will be the doomed party.Anyone with a trace of Mexican blood in them plus all that are against that party will put them out of business so fast.From reading your post,some of you cats that don't live in the border states still don't get what all our hellraising is about.Once it's noticed that everywhere you look there's wetbacks,and they don't hide the fact they're wet because of no fear of being sent home,it's too late.Our school taxes don't go very far.They get used up paying extra uneeded teachers that speak spanish,pay for 2 free meals a day,and have to pay for supplies for the illegales.When school lunches went to 25 cents,my mother packed us a sandwhich in wax paper and usually had an apple or pear.There was 3 of us in school.We didn't need the Govt. to feed us.Some politician said I'll feed your kids if you can't afford it,and bought all the mexican votes,for just pennies a day.

Some of us northerners do understand your hellraising. Never been to Cali, but after 2 visits to Texas, I would've stayed. Nicest place and people I ever visited. Texans that is. It's a shame what's happening and the reasons you mentioned are all correct - Washington.

As a child of German parents (who settled here legally in 1893) I found the first grade in public school to be just fine. My teacher did not try to teach me in German, I was taught English same as the rest of the students.

Hell, I already knew English, that was the language my parents spoke to me in.

I guess if little Pedro or Maria had had only spanish spoken to them before going to school, they may have had a problem (a problem that was soon corrected by teaching them English).

I graduated high school with a lot of Mexican descent students, and we all spoke the same language the entire 12 years. Never, in any day, did the language barrier (is that what it is called today?) have anything to do with anybody getting a good education.

I will put the teaching given us in the 50's and 60's against the teaching of any school in America today-----and ask this question, "Are we better off"?

Forget the education that countries like Japan give their children. I will admit that it is far better than we give our children. But what if Japan had a huge influx of Meskins into their school system?

Do you think that they would teach them in spanish?

fritz