Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What I Did This Summer

swamprat

Went through 43 raditation treatments for cancer ( out look good)

Got involved in garden tractor pulling with my Grandson's.

What a great way to spend some quality time with my boy's. We bought an old Bolin's garden tractor that was set up as a pull tractor for $300. Pulled it once and took it to the shop for rebuild. Had to install extension's for 6 year old to operate. Plus we changed hitch for proper hight. Added a few other improvements and went pulling again. We haven't been winning, but the boys are placing and learning.

Two weeks ago the 6 year old took 2'nd place pulling against adults as they did not have a KIDDY class. Left a whole bunch of old folk asking,"What the H*LL happened"? Grandpa could not of been happier!

I have spent less than $1,000.00 (equipment,travel, entry fee's) this entire summer and have had the best time with my boy's. (Thier parents parpicitate when work allow's). I might add part of that grand is for a 59 Sears Custom tractor that is going to come out romping-stomping next spring. The rest was for Gatoraide and Grandpa can I have.

Swamprat

Foot Note:

Cancer scared the hell out of me! This was my wake up call. Decided to spend all the time I could with family and especially my grandsons. I never had the chance to know my Grandfather and I want my boy's to have memories. If I had just known my PAP-PAW what changes would my life had?

What did you all do?

I'm rebuilding an old horsebarn that has a big tack room that's going to be my work shop,and been trying to keep up with repairs on this 35 year old house that's been neglected for lots of years.Worked my butt off at work building up my retirement so I can walk one of these days and never look back.Me and the wife took our 2 grandaughters to Colorado for a week this summer,and had the best vacation of our life.

I have memories of all my great grandparents except one,and lost 3 of my grandparents from '93 to 2001,and still have a grandmother left,and I'm 54.Cool aint it?All my grandparents were big parts of our lives,and I think it's why I'm a happy person now.When you have 6 adults raising you,you learn a lot of good stuff.It's a great feeling to have your grandkids look at you and you just know they love you and aren't hiding anything or putting on a show.

I gotta know more about the garden tractor pulling.Sounds like a blast too me.