Military Firearm Restoration Corner

M93 Flat Bottom Bolt

724wd

I don't kow if a m48 could be modified to fit. someone else like z1r or donmarkey should know.

Though I've owned 93's and 96's I've never had a 95. The 93 is flat the 95 round. I think the '95 bolt will work in a '93 but not visa-versa. I believe fritz knows so perhaps pose the question in the Gunsmithing forum.

I think the '95 bolt will work in a '93 but not visa-versa.

Best I recall from my Spanish Mauser days in the 70's, it is correct. There was some history behind the flat and round bolts in the Mauser factory. From what I recall reading, and it may not be correct. One of the Mauser brothers insisted on the flat bolt and it took some arm twisting before he ok'd the round bolt. Here again and I'm digging deep into the grey matter. The Spanish insisted on the round bolt in a contract and Mauser reluctantly agreed.

I just tried swapping bolts between a 93 and a 95 and neither would go into the other rifle.

My sample of the 93 is actually a Spanish 1916. I don't think that would make a difference though.

I also tried a Serbian 99 which is basically a 95 and still no-go.