Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Happy Anniversary, Fritz

fritz

How time flies. Today, 43 years ago, me and mrs fritz got married. It was a normal church wedding at the church we both attended. She was a Methodist, I was a Lutheran. We attended my church and have been Lutherans ever since.

How times change. Today, many weddings are not held in a church. Today many marriages do not last 43 years. Today, many people do not have a church (because they have lost the faith in God that most everybody had 43 years ago.)

Yes, time flies, time changes. Few things are the same today as they were 43 years ago. 43 years ago, LBJ was the president, taking over the office on Nov. 22, 1963 after the assination of JFK. LBJ was fighting an unpopular war in VietNam, and the draft was going full force. I eventually got sucked up into it in 1966 after me and mrs fritz had been married 2 years.

But I just made a mistake, some things are still the same as they were 43 years ago. I am still happily married to mrs fritz, and this country is still fighting an unpopular war.

So, while time flies, and is gone forever, some things remain. Some good, some bad. Nobody ever said life was perfect. I have had a good life, about as close to perfect as one can expect. But I remember the old times all too often. Maybe that is what keeps me going.

Hoping you all have had as good a day as I have had today. Remembering the old times is sometimes good for the soul.

fritz

Happy anniversary there mr. & mrs. fritz. Hope you both hang around for the 50th & then some too. The mrs. amd I have had 32 yrs together as mr.& mrs. Some day if the creek don't rise too high, we just might venture your way, drop in an' say howdy. Like you stated not many things still happen today like they did in your yesteryears. Take care, Dave in nor cal. :D

Dave,

You are welcome on my spread anytime.

And I might even be a good host to Karl, if he gives up the idea of turning my farm into a commune!

fritz

if he gives up the idea of turning my farm into a commune!

fritz

After the commune's crop was harvested the drilling would no longer be necessary!! Congrats on the Anniversary!! You are indeed a lucky man. I'm doing good if a woman put up with me for 43 days.

this country is still fighting an unpopular war.

fritz

Our fearless leaders didn't learn the lesson of Vietnam, fighting a limited war, trying to preserve infrastructure, economy and people of our enemy. If our leaders fought like we did against the Japs, determined to totally destroy the enemy's ability to make war. We probably wouldn't find ourselves in need of fighting another unpopular war for quite some time. I'm in total agreement with Mark Twain's statement, "history doesn't always repeat itself but it sure rhymes", it definitely applies in my lifetime.

fritz,

Congrats from the folks here at the rat's nest. Me and Mama Rat are closing on 40. Mama Rat looks back at the good times. The babies, our first home, the things that make you all warm and fuzzy. I look back and wonder how the hell she put up with me all these years. It takes a good woman to make it through the years. Seems like we both might of got lucky. Congradulations again and I hope you both make it to your 75th.

Swamprat

As a side note 40 years ago I joined the Marines (Oct 5 1967).