Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Heck Of A Vacation

roscoedoh

Call me a workaholic if you'd like to, but I just took my third day off this year last Friday. My girlfriend and I decided to visit her family's land outside of Morgan City, LA. We drank, we fished, we ate well, and we listened to live Cajun music. I had a blast and came back relaxed.

I wanted to share a few photos with you guys so you'd see that I wasn't just hidin' in a deer stand somewhere...

Attached are some snapshots of the camp house we stayed in along with some of the trees and the original family house that's over a hundred years old. The whole area is what you'd think of when someone says "Old South" - spanish moss hanging in every tree, a whole bunch of old homes, and lots of friendly people. I highly recommend it!

post-18-1194229748_thumb.jpg

post-18-1194229845_thumb.jpg

post-18-1194229976_thumb.jpg

post-18-1194230102_thumb.jpg

Good for you, Jason.

And you don't have to swim the Mississippi to see her (like the song about the Louisiana woman and the Mississippi man).

fritz

Yeah I guess it is kind of a new thing. We've been dating for three or four months now and hang out just enough not to get on each other's nerves. It's nothing too serious and it works!