Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Need To Treat My Greatest Love

swamprat

Guy's and Girl's,

I been married for 40 years and want to take the wife on a nice vacation. We been to Hawaii, the west coast, Florida. Everytime I mention a place to go she say's, "We can spend the money on the house, Kids, Grandkids,etc." This lady has spent 40 years looking after me! Even when we had a vacation when the kids were little she still had the family to look after. She has never spent a day in the last 40 years that was entirely hers. This is what I want to give her. A vacation that is her's. Were would we go? What would we do? Might mention we have; ground transportation, unlimited time, a limited budget of $2,000.00.

Where would you take her?

Swamprat

hi swamprat, sounds like ya might have to make arrangement for sitters an' stuff, pack some of her things and yours then say your'e going to dinner then just ROAD TRIP. Just my warped humor. Anyway sounds like a delima for sure.

Why don't you try Las Vegas? We stayed at the Mandalay Bay for 2 nights a few years ago. The room was elegant with a big marble bathroom and great views of the Strip. They now have promotional rates during the week. You can go next week, for instance, on the 18th through the 21st and only spend $110 a night. They had a first class buffet in the lobby. I'd recommend visiting the Luxor, which is next door, and the Venetian Hotel further up on the Strip, which has a great indoor mall with canals and gondoliers.

Karl

I'm with Jimro---a cruise is the thing for you both. If you want to go now, it's the Carribean area. In the summer, it's the Alaska cruise through the inland passage.

Me and mrs fritz have been married 43 years and have not gone on one yet, but our son went on a golfing vacation to Jamaica before he got married (went with some golfing buddies) and they had a blast. His honeymoon was in Italy, and since then (before their daughter was born) they went to see the ruins of the Aztecs in Mexico.

My closest friend and his wife went on the Alaska cruise two years ago, while I took care of his place. From what he told us about that trip, I feel that it is what me and mrs fritz will do someday. And he can take care of my place.

When? That is always the big question, but it must be soon. We are not getting any younger.

Take a cruise with your wife, and hope she puts the rest of the world out of mind.

Best wishes,

fritz

A cruise and Vegas are great ideas.Me and my wife have been to Tahoe and Vegas,and we're not gamblers,but had a ball looking at the unbelieveable sites.She did play nickle slots a lot and won $300.00 once,but I just would stick a nickle in a slot when a waitress walked by and would have her bring me a free mixed drink,then I'd get up and walk around checking things out.

I was wondering if you could ask some gal friend of hers if she's ever said anything about somewhere she'd like to go.Bad thing is,women can't keep a secret.I shouldn't say that,but I'll stick with it to the end. Jerry

my wife and i just went on our 15 year wedding aniversary. We went on a royal carribean cruise. Couldn't have had a better time. We did not go cheaply but you could make a sport of how cheaply you can go. If you get an inside cabin and don't do all the ship sponsored excursions you can do things pretty cheap. All your food is covered and if you buy a drink package (only covers soft drinks) all your drinks are for covered for the cruise. Do walking tours of the ports you pull into. The shows on the ship are free and there is always something to do. No cooking, cleaning or worries for however long you take the cruise.