Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Wv Deer Season

Brenden

since this is the general b.s session......i feel the need to b.s a little :)

Today, monday, the 19 was the first day of deer season here in wv. I had missed a really nice 8pt on halloween night w/my bow(needed more light:( ) and thought, u little , i'll get ya w/the big 7mag. well today at 2:55 pm...here he came. Eighty yards from my tree stand in brush, i grunted he can to 50 yards behind a tree. his shoulder was exposed so the old 30-06 came to my sholder...and wouldn't you know it...bang...bang..deer walks off saying..you little ...you can't get me! I figured out why i missed (2 times in a row..and i hardly ever miss) though....the doctor said it was buck fever, and would prob. come back again if the big 8 shows up tomorrow. i redeemed myself though...took a decient 3 pt at 50 yards...sure is good eating! Just thought you'd all enjoy a good laugh. And by the way...tomorrow, the big 7mag will be in the hands of the "sniper".. so the brown will be down! Take care and if season is in anywhere else this week...everyone be careful and don't get the "fever"!

The Texas deer season has been open for over a week now, but I seldom hunt anymore. Not with the stupid requirement that you must take a tape measure and measure the buck's spread. I forget the exact measurement, but it is about the same as the distance between his ears, when erect.

If he is old, and cannot get an erection, it is hard to get a good measurement. And the bastards don't want to stand still while you measure them!

Texas deer season is just not the same as it used to be.

fritz

"If he is old, and cannot get an erection, it is hard to get a good measurement. And the bastards don't want to stand still while you measure them!"

fritz, i'm tellin you the thing to do is put a little code blue on ya, and them old bastards will be runnin with legs wide open for you to measure..lol.. but remember the last time i tried to measure one, i came outta the woods sore. some of them old bastards are packin man! lol...that made me laugh..made my day.

Jerry,

you told the exact truth. I'm 19, been hunting since i was 7, and i still get nervous when a doe walks within bow range. Speakin of bow season, I harvested my first buck with a bow this year. It was a spike but hey, like my friend said, he had nutz and horns. That was the best expierence ever to make a wonderful heart shot and watch the deer go only 20 yards. Nature is the best ever, i love being outside taking in all the beauty and i've seen so much in my short years of being an outdoorsman.Even though i missed the big one, it doesn't bother me bad anymore. Its an expierence that i'll never forget, and someday be able to explaine to my kids how it feels to have the fever, and hopefully they can expierence it too! I'm just greatful that i'm able to go outdoors and do what i love. We should all be greatful because there are a lot of people that will never get to expierence nature at its finest, and the wonderful feeling of that first buck, squirrel, or whatever game is to ones likeing. Take care and best of luck to all.