Military Firearm Restoration Corner

How About A Rim Fire Forum For Training Rifles?

swamprat

Can we start a Rim Fire forum for training rifles? I have a Carl Gustaf KKW mauser (complete) and a Mauser Werk (incomplete) that are 22 trainers. I would like to know who also has trainers and learn more about thier history.

Swamprat

Sounds like a good idea Swampy!! I'm a bit under the weather but will try and get a picture of mine up.

For Swampy!! Here is my 22 trainer I love to show off. I often get offers but I wont part with it. It is a H&R model 65 USMC marked. It's sights and heft are very similiar to the M-1 and M-14 rifles. This 22 is very accurate but the trigger pull is really heavy. I got it from an auction from the Arizona Game & Fish apx 25 years ago. At the time the price was about the same as an 03A3 Springfield. I don't know what it might fetch today which to me is unimportant because I'll never sell it. The last time I checked US GI mags are getting 65 used. These trainers are not all that rare but finding them in the original military configuration is getting harder.

22-1.jpg

22-2.jpg

22-3.jpg

22-4.jpg