Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Day At The Range.

karlunity

School was closed Friday. The bigwigs had a golf tournament!! :rolleyes:

I went shooting.: )

At 50 meters firing sandbags with a 16 buck Walmart scope on the Rom.22.

I shot a three shot group with all wholes touching!!! I tried for half a hour to do it again but no luck.

I may have to get a better scope for the Mousegun...any suggestions??

Doc Hess was right about the Helwan. Seems that the locking block screw was loose, once I tightened it up most of the rounds were in the black are 25 meters off hand which for me, with a pistol, is very good.

A hell of a lot better than golf!!!!!!

Karl

A hell of a lot better than golf!!!!!!

Karl

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have a friend that actually gave up skeet shooting for golf. He traded a beautiful Weatherby O/U for a set of golf clubs and claimed he got a good deal. I asked him if his mother dropped him on his head when he was a baby and he said "golf is more relaxing". To rub it in he said something about not having to sign govt paperwork to buy golf clubs.

Yeah, my personal experience with the Helwans (I have 2) is that once you fix whatever the Egyptians f'ed up when they made it, you get a nice little gun. Pull trigger, goes boom. Every time. And at the prices they were at, you couldn't go wrong.

It seems to me that every time I find a super bargain at a gun show, it is because something needs fixin' on it. Now when I go to a show and see a super bargain, I immediately look for what needs fixin'. If I can't find it, I assume it is beyond my repair abilities. If I can find it, I factor that into the price.