Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Young Nurse Died- Memorial Svc.

FC

Hi folks,

I didn't know this nurse personally, but I went to the memorial service. She was a 2nd Lieutenant, 23 years old, engaged, thin, blonde with blue eyes, and now is dead because "alcohol was involved" in her 14 story fall New Years Day.

Life is fragile. We're only here for a little while.

I don't know if false hope was given during the service that assumes she is in heaven because she was a good nurse, had a bright future, and was a good friend. A Christian service, but nothing was said connecting her with faith or Christianity.

Live carefully, and be careful with alcohol.

All we can do is hope...

That any higher power will see only a young woman who spent a good part of her adult life in school, learning how to help human bodies heal--and nurture those bodies as they healed--and chose to devote her limited time on earth to wounded GIs.

flaco

flaco and Karl agreeing???

If only fritz could be here to argue with them!!

Guys, well said. Life goes on, whether we like it or not, but those of us still here need to appreciate what we see pass before us (Karl, we've been in the fields).

Sort of defines what we are and where we're going.

B.

I knew when I posted I ran the risk of disagreement, but I felt pretty intense sadness and these thoughts at the service.

One of the docs told me that he has it 3rd hand, for what it's worth, that she had an argument with her visiting mom, so it may have been alcohol-induced, self-inflicted. Stinkin' waste.

What I had to say was about the unsettling nature of what at the funeral was said verses what was omitted. I hope my girls come out okay and don't waste themselves at a young age with excesses that did this girl in.

Hi folks,

I didn't know this nurse personally, but I went to the memorial service. She was a 2nd Lieutenant, 23 years old, engaged, thin, blonde with blue eyes, and now is dead because "alcohol was involved" in her 14 story fall New Years Day.

Life is fragile. We're only here for a little while.

I don't know if false hope was given during the service that assumes she is in heaven because she was a good nurse, had a bright future, and was a good friend. A Christian service, but nothing was said connecting her with faith or Christianity.

Live carefully, and be careful with alcohol.

Tony, I know what you mean i've been to funeral's like that. It's sad to be told someone is in Heaven because of the life they lived. I'm so grateful that the Lord only requires my Faith in Him. That Christ death reconciled me to the Father. That I am saved by His resurrection and life.

When I die, At my funeral if some clown gets up and says im in Heaven because of what a "Great Guy" I was. all y'all have my permission to punch him in the nose!

Tom