Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Confused Male

FC

In the last thirty years it's been made clear to men not to sexually harass women. Don't whistle, stare, touch, make comments, etc. So I've never been the sort to violate these things. Then my wife drops one on me. She said women like to know they are being looked at! :huh:

Over the next few days I rolled that over in my mind. I was really confused. I thought, "Well, they want to be looked at, but they don't want to be stared at. I don't get it!"

So I told my wife I was confused. I asked her if that meant women only wanted men they like to look at them? Of course she said, "It's a little hard to explain." She told me basically that if a woman wants to be noticed and looked at then it was okay, but if they don't want the attention, well, it's not okay.

Are all you guys clear on this? :blink:

Tony, it is quite simple.

Men have a ladder scale rating (all) women that they would sleep with from "Would brag about" to "would sleep with but deny it" to "needs beer goggles and I'll still deny it".

Women have two ladder scales. One for men they will sleep with (notice that I didn't say "have a relationship with") and one for "friends". Notice that "friends" don't get laid a lot.

So when a woman dress up to get someone on her "will sleep with" ladder she attracts the attention of men on both ladders, but since she only meant to have the men on her "would sleep with" ladder she gets offended when someone she considers on the "friends" ladder notices her state of dress (or undress).

Clear as mud? Ever heard the phrase "I just don't think about you that way." If you have then you are on the "friends" ladder. The phrase "That's an awesome Ferrari you have" probably means you aren't on the friends ladder.

For more info on the Ladder theory, go here http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html

Jimro

Gentlemen, lets just all realize this, 1. A woman can never be sitisifed, no matter what you do. 2. You can't let a woman know you'r looking at her, you will then be a pervert or a sexual monster. 3. did i mention you can't satisfiy them cuz their ungreatful? this has been my expierence, thought i satisified her for 2.5 years, was engaged, provided for her, loved her, helped her w/money problems in college, she then paied me back by turning me into an alocholic and replacing me with someone else on her latter. Aren't they great!! Jimro- that site is kinda vaulger, but mostly truthful. The good news is, i'm young and i'm not tied down anymore which = more money for guns, more women, more beer, more fun!!!!!!!!!

Brenden

The best bet is to compliment women on their hair or what they are wearing to stay out of trouble. That way they get the attention they desire without the sexual overtones. If you don't compliment them on a new hairdo for example many automatically assume you're staring at their chest or ass and cry foul.

Best one I saw as union officer, although I didn't personally handle it. A young woman filed an EEO complaint for unwanted stares, the older guy countered by filing a complaint against her for wearing her shorts to tight, showing her pantie lines and leaving the top buttons of her blouse unbuttoned. He prevailed because she hemmed her shorts apx an inch above the regulation length to the top of her knees. Allot of wasted time and resources went into the complaint that resulted in a silly written reprimand.

The attractive half black, half Jewish woman turned out to be a trouble maker. We nick named her dial-a-grievance. She was a marginal worker and turned everything into a discrimination complaint. She was eventually forced to resign after filing a phony worker's comp claim.

Brenden,

Its funny you mention a two year relationship that ended with you in the bottle. That very same thing happened to me too and I'm darn glad its over. That relationship was quite a learning experience for me. It was real...it was fun...but it wasn't real fun, so thank God its over!

Tony,

If you're ever actually able to figure women out, I want you to write it all down in a manner that'll make sense to the rest of us and we'll all go into business together and sell it. We'll make millions!

The best I've been able to figure out in the limited number of years I've been dealing with them is women think with their emotions and men think logically. I'm sure this leaves a lot out, but its a paradigm that works for me.

Brenden,

Its funny you mention a two year relationship that ended with you in the bottle. That very same thing happened to me too and I'm darn glad its over. That relationship was quite a learning experience for me. It was real...it was fun...but it wasn't real fun, so thank God its over!

I'm glad its done too. Amazing what they can make one into. but hey live and learn. Lifes short, enjoy it while we got it. Tony, get to work on figuring them out.

Brenden

Are all you guys clear on this? :

Sure and I speak Sanskrit too :rolleyes: Easier to correct Einstein's math homework. :P

As to bad relationships, don't give up hope.

We have all been burned but there are very good women and ladies out there.

You NEVER know where you find her or who she will be.

You should have seen the looks me and the Hippy got from both camps.

The best remark as I recall was something like. "What the hell are those two..a cross between Parris Island and Woodstock?" :P

As to looking or not looking. It is simple we prefer "10's" to look at us and to look at and so do the ladies.

As to all this PC crap: Never ogle the wife or girl or family member of a friend, or a person at work.

It makes life too complex.

Karl

I Wanna Talk about Me

Sure and I speak Sanskrit too :rolleyes: Easier to correct Einstein's math homework. :P

As to bad relationships, don't give up hope.

We have all been burned but there are very good women and ladies out there.

You NEVER know where you find her or who she will be.

You should have seen the looks me and the Hippy got from both camps.

The best remark as I recall was something like. "What the hell are those two..a cross between Parris Island and Woodstock?" :P

As to looking or not looking. It is simple we prefer "10's" to look at us and to look at and so do the ladies.

As to all this PC crap: Never ogle the wife or girl or family member of a friend, or a person at work.

It makes life too complex.

Karl