Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Siamese Stock

weaver77

i found a stock that has been inleted for a siamese 98 i havent had any experience with siamese mausers and dont have the stock on hand to compare so im wondering if this stock would work on a standard 98 i know the bottom metal is different but was thinking it might work on a std 98 your thoughts please

thanks weaver77

Not without lots of work and even then I'm not sure. One of our resident simaese experts will chime in I'm sur eto set the record straight.

Me, I'd probably sell it since they are relatively scare these days and get the stock you want. Unless this is an exceptional stock, in which case wait for the experts to answer.

i havent bought it yet and it is semi inleted thas one of the reasons i was thinking it might work i have a couple of builds to do for family so there wont be any monitary returns on them and i am trying to get by cheap and nice instead of pricey and purty so while i am on the subject i am looking for a couple of 25 cal lighter weight barrels some bottom metal a couple of price wise stocks syn lam wood i am easy i have a .308 douglas barrel a complete 93 bolt except that the handles been cut off a couple of ruger take offs and a few rem take offs for trade or $ and then theres always manual labor so getting back to the siamese its a plain dark walnut but i like the looks of it so i need a little input from the siamese experts

thanks weaver77

i havent bought it yet and it is semi inleted thas one of the reasons i was thinking it might work i a couple of builds to do for family so there wont be any monitary returns on themand i am trying to get by cheap and nice instead of pricey and purty so while i am on the subject i am looking fo a couple of 25 cal lighter weight barrel some bottom metal a couple of price wise stocks syn lam wood i am easy i have a .308 dougla barrel a complete 93 bolt except that the handles been cut off a couple of ruger take offs and a few rem take offs for trade or $ and then theres always manual labor so getting back to the siamese its a plain dark walnut but i like the looks of it so i need a little input from the siamese experts

thank weaver77

Is your Douglas barrel new? If so, am I understanding it might be for trade?

I have a light weight 25 caliber barrel that could be for trade. I also have a laminated stock and since you can rework them well, it would make a real nice sporter stock.

I'll be needing a Siamese stock for my project one day.

Weaver, I'll go out later today and try a 98 in a Siamese stock and let you know. My guess, sitting here, is that it would be hopeless.

But if it's cheap, why not grab it up in hopes of getting a Siamese action some day. You can never have too much gun stuff laying around. That's a basic law of physics. :lol:

Brad

Weaver, it could be possible to use the stock for a 98, but it wouldn't be good. The biggest problem is the front tang on the Siamese is much wider than the std 98 so there would be a really ugly gap around the tang.

The 98 is longer so there would be additional action inletting up front and maybe some stock screw issues to realign.

All in all, I wouldn't do it. Like z said Siamese stocks are hard enough to find and it looks like it would be a good trader.

Brad

thanks for the replies i think the wise choice will be to pass on the siamese stock if anyone else is interested in it i was listed on great american gunstocks discounted list and was really cheap but as usual theres probably a good reason for the price like smoke damage

thanks again weaver77