Military Firearm Restoration Corner

No Country For Old Men

Horsefly

Watched it last night,and was kinda let down.It was filmed down on the border on the ranch next to where I hunt,but the scenery was all on the prairies and not in the mountains,there were lots of good actors like Tommy Lee Jones,Woody Harlson,John Corbit,but it had a strange ending.Won lots of awards,but it sure aint no Lonesome Dove or Qigley Down Under.Jerry

Doc,did Tommy Lee Jones not get killed because he didn't do anything to let that crazy bastardo know he was trying to catch him,because he didn't do anything but talk to people about the old days.It was the worse part I've ever seen him play.Jerry

I dunno. The plot of that movie was about the worst thing I have ever seen. The bad guy kills everyone and lets the cop hunting him go. None of it made any sense at all. How it could win any awards is beyond me, but then the awards usually go to shows that no one wants to watch anyway.

Watched it last night,and was kinda let down.It was filmed down on the border on the ranch next to where I hunt,but the scenery was all on the prairies and not in the mountains,there were lots of good actors like Tommy Lee Jones,Woody Harlson,John Corbit,but it had a strange ending.Won lots of awards,but it sure aint no Lonesome Dove or Qigley Down Under.Jerry
It has contemporary time setting so naturally it's no Lonesome Dove or Quigley Down Under. However, I grew up in West Texas and would like to see it just for the scenery. Most of that country is prairie until you get into the harder parts of the Davis Mountains. I must have missed the movie in our area. Guess I'll have to go buy the DVD or wait for TV showing.

Thor,I too watched it for the scenery,but there is very little scenery and is prairie.It looks like the road out of Marfa that turns into Pinto Canyon Rd.Me and my wifes reaction at the end was the same as 911rat's. Jerry