Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Does Anyone Know Of An Honest Semi-inletted Stockmaker

PhilVH

Does anyone know of a semi-inletted stock supplier who supplies what they promise when they promise? Years ago I dealt with companies like Herters, Fajen and the OLD Richards Microfit and Royal Arms and always got the product described when promised. Two years I tried to buy a stock from Richards Microfit, was promised 8-12 week delivery and after 5 months they couldn't even tell me the status of my order. I then placed an order for an existing stock with Royal Arms and finally got it after 5 months of excuses and delays. Last week I tried buying a "buy it now" stock from DakotaCliff on e-bay and after being informed that they been paid and the stock shipped they informed me that the stock had been sold at auction. (They did reimburse me after I screamed bloody murder).

So is there anyone left like the old Fajen, Herters, Royal Arms or Richards Microfit?

Phil

:angry

So is there anyone left like the old Fajen, Herters, Royal Arms or Richards Microfit?

Phil

I've had my best luck with ebay. Last three stocks have come from ebay.

I bought a couple of Richards Microfit a couple of years ago. One of them snapped in two right in the grip as I was bedding it. After bedding, I slapped the barrel across the arm of the couch like I've done a thousand times (I exaggerate) and stock just broke in two. I wrote several emails to Richards Microfit and never got any answer. I'm thinking of mailing it back to them, addressed to the president. Sort of my way of saying "Kiss my grits". I doubt they will respond.

Boyds does pretty good as far as service, but they are pretty much utilitarian unless you just happen to luck out on one with pretty grain. Of course there are the laminates if you like them.

http://www.boydboys.com/

Good luck with your search!

They all seem to be very slow. The fastest way I know to get a stock is to order one from Brownells or Midway.

I've had terrible luck trying to get anything directly from the makers.

I guess the days are gone when you could call Fagen or Bishop and get a semi-inlet in a week.

• 6 months later...