Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Vacation

odies dad

Just got back from a vacation to Ft. Myer Florida last night. A friend of my wife got married on Sanibel Island. Got a bit of a sunburn, but got out of a 12" snowstorm the day we left.

Here are some pictures for you.

315473105.jpg

The wife and I on Sanibel Island. (Now you can put a face on the name)

315473107.jpg

Fort Myer beach

315473110.jpg

Sunset on Fort Myer beach

315473114.jpg

Liam and Dawson listening for the ocean in some of the shells we brought back for them. It was Dawson’s 5th birthday today (Wednesday the 30th)

So Dave, That's whatcha look like ...Boys look good..Shawn looks good.Heck it's all good. Don't see no pics of guns

on this trip huh??

The sand down there is powdered shells. Feels really good on the feet. Much nicer than snow.

No guns. Got in enough trouble from the 27 cents I didn't take out of my pocket going through airport security.

We checked out the Edison and Ford winter estates down there. Very interesting. Ford worked for Edison early on and Edison became a friend and mentor to Ford. Edison's doctor told him to winter in the south for his health, so he got this place. Later when the neighboring property came up for sale, Ford bought it. They and others had a lab set up on the property to develop a natural rubber source after the price increase after WW1. The imported a bunch of exotic trees and plants, but found that Golden Rod was the most efficient supplier. The developed a taller hybrid but eventually gave up on the project. Edison was a bit of a hyperkinetic. He didn't sleep, but would take short cat naps in his lab. His wife cought him napping on the floor of his shop and brought in a cot and told him he had to sleep on that. It wasn't dignified to sleep on the floor. They also have a museum with a bunch of their inventions. Edison had at least one patent every year for 65 years.