Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A Wonderful Day!

Brenden

Man is it great to be alive!!! I bought a reciever off gun broker today to offically start the 338-06 project, then while gettin my dealers FFL, he told me he had 2 K Kales in good condition w/out bolts that he would let me have for $50, for both of them. I was like heck yeah!!! Save them for a rainy day. The in between rain showers, got some yard mowin done (enough to pretty much pay for my turks), and got my mommy something for mothers day, and also made her a flower bed (rock style, its pretty spiffy) and got attacked by a copper-head, i won don't worry bout me. Just got back for a friends house, going turkey huntin in the morning, and he pulled out a very nice 1918 8mm, i can't spell or even pronounce what the name is stamped on it, but it starts with an O and its Gew 98. And he priced it to me very reasonable, so i told him hold on and let me get the money. And thats not all...I got a good job with the gas company this summer, so i'll make a killin and then go back for my 3rd year of college. Man i can't believe i've made it this far, just a few more years and i'll have a sheep skin to hang on the wall. I know i'm rambling on and on so i'll let ya'll get back to your life now. Thanks for puttin up with me.

Brenden

That is awesome Brenden..Glad all is finally goin your way for once...Just keep on keepin on. dude..

Will wish for more good lucky to come your way my friend....Dave

Don't get the feeling that your just having some good luck,because your life is only worth as much as you put in it,and your living proof of what working hard with goals and ambition will get you.Your just a snot nose kid to me with his head on very straight and tight.You love your mother,getting a good education,working in the summer,and mow grass to buy extra goodies.That's a pretty dang good resume.Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Brendon! Sounds like you got the tiger by the tail man! Keep it up!

Luckily for you, you're quite 21 yet so you can't spend all that easy money on cold Miller Lites just yet... ;)

J.B, yep shes all matching, and orgional. In very good shape, with some light rust on the trigger guard and thats it. Its going to be a wall hanger, my first german. Well i went in to get my K. Kales saturday and sunday both, he forgot them, so i stoped after work today and he handed me two guns. As soon as i looked at them i said, Paul, these arn't Kales. They were Mexicans 1910's. Good shape, no pitting, but missing bolts and bolt stops, rear sights and the wood was bad shape, with one being broke off and glued together. He said he's got the Kales, just grabbed the wrong ones. So i'll go back and get the Kales eventually. I didn't really want to build off the Mex so i let them pass. But i did get the barrel for my 338-06 :D , and i've now decided to go with a wooden stock, and Tanglenuts is going to do the butterknife bolt for me, like it or not Rod, u've got to. well shes bed time for me boys, dreaming of guns ;)

Brenden