Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Charity

FC

It's ok to not be P.C. here.

China is this now wealthy commie nation. What- they're asking for aide from the free world? Why should we? Don't they sell us everything but cars, washing machines, and food? Where's all that money? Oh, that's right, they're building up a military that can challenge the U.S.!

Myamar: I feel pity for the people, but here we are, begging like namby pamby's to please let us in so we can give you aide!

Actually, China sells us washingmachines and food too. They shut down the washingmachine plant in Ft. Smith, AR and sent the production to China a few months ago. Don't forget all the food problems from China we've been having with them killing our pets and giving us bad Heparin, etc. An awful lot of car parts come from China now. The only thing they aren't selling (yet) is the actual cars, but that is coming too. They seem to have enough of our money already.

The Burma situation is just beyond belief. The news media makes a big deal, like we won some victory or something, over the Burmese government _allowing_ us to give them food. I'm all for charity when it can help and isn't creating more problems like our welfare state, but that's just nuts.

my flatulent feathered friend, I urge you to keep all of china in perspective, not just the part the press tries to terrify us with.

yes, china is wanting a blue-water navy, but they do have a right to one. and though their military is modernizing, it still has a long way to go.

china is wealthier today than they have been in a long time, for sure, but that wealth is part of being a big country with lots of people in it. the per capita and discretionary wealths are still low by western standards. and the wealth they have still pales in comparison to the costs of modernizing their nation. that's why they are accepting foreign aid - they need it. they don't have the depth of technology or infrastructure to deal with a big earthquake like this.

the fact that they are willing to accept foreign help should allay common fears about china's new status. they have a long way to go.

I studied the Chinese military heavily when I was in the reserves.

There are Chinese leaders documented to have said that they want a navy to rival ours by 2030. They have thousands of missles now deployed against Taiwan. The leaders quoted said they view war with America as inevitable.

Let them take care of their own people. We don't ask them to help us.

Hope for peace and .9mm in your hand will take you safely down a lot of dark streets.

karl

Karl, I believe that's a .45? :lol:

If us and all our Allies are making China prosper by selling us cheep screwdrivers and can openers,why would they want war with us,if all we had to do was stop importing their crap,and put them back 50 years? Jerry

If us and all our Allies are making China prosper by selling us cheep screwdrivers and can openers,why would they want war with us,if all we had to do was stop importing their crap,and put them back 50 years? Jerry

Pride...China feels that the barbarians MUST pay..Must be made to kowtow for the defeats China suffered in the 19 th and 20Th centuries. Surpose that someone, takes part of your home, kicks your butt, beats and outrages your wife or child, then, later smiles and offers you a few dollars to make it right.

What are you going to do him do first chance you get?

That is the way China sees the world.

China has a little list.

Japan, England, France, USA. Russia..

Karl

all true, but they are also mad at themselves, esp. the guangmingdong (phonetically attempted) whick still persists in taiwan. I don't think they want to take the world over, and even if they do they still have a long way to go. I believe the first order of business for them is to take over china. they have a saying, the mountains are tall and the emperor is far away. they still have renegade provinces that largely ignore beijing's edicts, including the one-child policy. you know the saying, get your own house in order first before you look at somebody else's? I think that's what they are doing first - cleaning up their own house.

of course, to do that, they need money and materials and manpower. manpower they have, materials they have and have access to for now, money they need. they are trying to acquire capital globally, and they are successful so far, but their plan cannot continue without modification. for one, they are ruining their natural and human environment to produce cheaply. and their non-governmental international relations have been described as "ham-fisted mercantilism." they will have to change or greatly refine their game plan to continue. the question is - will they have inserted themselves substantially and durably as a global economic power before they have to change their current strategy?

it is an interesting question.

also, I don't think they want war. I don't see china having been particularly aggressive historically. nothing like the bloodthirsty europeans.

China's short-term game plan:

1. Pacific dominance and the ability to forcibly control the Pacific trade. One way to do this- a navy that is a real threat to our Navy.

2. Taiwan is a thorn in their side. When Red China is strong enough, it can make Taiwan capitulate.

These things are indisputable.

What can hold them back? The love of western money.

also, I don't think they want war. I don't see china having been particularly aggressive historically.

To some degree, I would agree with that.

But I think that the reason is that China historically saw NOTHING or very little outside of China as worth their while. The Han and Qin were very very aggressive in unifying China. China has a strong and proud militarily tradition.

Karl

My Dad fought several battles against the Chinese in Korea,including the Chosin Resevoir,and he's always said the only threat they were was the numbers.They came in waves,dying in piles and always looked like they were winning,until they got hungry,cold,or tired,then they came in waves with their rifles over their head.They took many prisoners that surrendered just for something to eat.With the numbers they have now,and all the technology we've sent them to build our cheap shmitt,they my be hell on wheels the next time.Russia armed them for many years,but I reckon now they can arm themselves.It's hard for me to believe it's world control by force they're after.The money's too good with the scam they've got going right now.Japan needed to take over their part of the world for the raw materials to support their war machine,we were in their way,plus we stopped selling them scrap iron and other materials when they sided with Germany,and it got us drug into the war.If you don't know where you've been,you'll not know where your going.Jerry

Burma is the one that annoys me.

Our leaders are begging the junta of Burma to ALLOW us to GIVE them aid.

I have told them to go to hell.

Sort of like a snotty kid who expects you to beg him to come to tutoring or "please ..please..study for YOUR test."

Karl

China is a "transitioning" state. It may make like The USSR and fail to fully integrate with the free market and "League of Democracies" or it may smoothly transition to a fully functioning first world state.

However as I see it China will first make Russia it's while it takes over most of east Asia in an empire not seen since Ghengis Khan.

Jimro