Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Check-out What Gun Bans Lead To

Doble Troble

How can there be so many murders when guns are banned?

Those people who ignore the law and kill people with illegal guns are just making unconstitutional restrictions on freedom look bad. They should be ashamed!

Check-out the quote from the police chief: "We have to try to take away the things that are facilitating the ability to commit crime".

What a moron.

What we have to try to do is raise our children to understand the difference between right and wrong - and to take away those who fail to appreciate the difference.

What we need is a penal island to send these losers to so they can prey on themselves and leave good people alone.

"We have to try to take away the things that are facilitating the ability to commit crime".

What a moron.

no, he's right. we need to take away the criminals and the culture that breeds them.

people used to dress, act, and pretend like they were persons better than they were. folks wanted to be seen as smarter, more educated, more successful. these days, folks emulate violent thugs and other dregs, people dress to look like criminals. look at the ridiculous piercings and tattoos. self-destructive behavior, no more, no less.

that culture needs to go.

no, he's right. we need to take away the criminals and the culture that breeds them.

people used to dress, act, and pretend like they were persons better than they were. folks wanted to be seen as smarter, more educated, more successful. these days, folks emulate violent thugs and other dregs, people dress to look like criminals. look at the ridiculous piercings and tattoos. self-destructive behavior, no more, no less.

that culture needs to go

plumbum

Sir,

You are correct.

karl

plumbum

Sir,

You are correct.

karl

Damn, you're right! Maybe we need more than an island?

But I think that that the primary cause behind our current problem is that government has increasingly led the citizenry to belive that they have no responsibility. How can this be battled? Lack of personal responsibility MUST become socially unacceptable once again.

There's no island big enough for the problem on our hands. Short of another civil war, we'll have to make re-establishment of our moral compass seem like the obviously correct thing to do. How can this be done?

........ we'll have to make re-establishment of our moral compass seem like the obviously correct thing to do. How can this be done?

DT,

You're question is loaded. How do we re-establish a Moral Compass?

In our present culture morality is relative to the individual and circumstance. The idea that there is a God to be responsible to and before is lost on the masses. To imply morality is to say that one way is right and another wrong. That my/our way is right and your/their way is wrong. How do we accomplish that?

Will revolution do it?

We can't legislate people into thinking differently.

I'm with you though and think that at present we have an immoral compass in our land.

our cultural norms must be radically reset. there are several ways to do it, I'm sure, but the last one was the great depression. all but the wealthiest had to straighten their act up and actually worry about their next meal. dressing better than the next guy in line for the job application could mean the difference. people had to improve themselves. or maybe really lose everything.

the habits that survived the depression were survival habits. the lessons were so profound that depression survivors never forgot them and were ususally penny-pinchers to the day they died. which was, and is, a good thing.

our pervasive wealth has subsidized the most useless cultures. good habits are rewarded, but not enough. poor habits are not punished.

there is no way to deliberately hit reset, people have tried with race wars and apocalyptic cults and everything else, we will just have to wait for the Next Big Thing and hope it straightens us up and does not destroy us.

I congradulate you dudes for these last 10 post.It's been a wonderful subject that you cats hammered dead on.There's nothing I can add,'cause it's already been said better than I could've done.Jerry