Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Prayer Request.

littlecanoe

It's been a heavy, heavy evening. We just got back from the search site. They are running a sonar equipped boat and trying to pinpoint where he is. It's pretty murky and the divers were fatigued and will have to come back in the AM to dive after some rest.

If you only knew this young man. He's the kinda guy you'd look at and say "If I have a son, I'd like him to be like Josh". Not a mean bone in his body, always courteous, always smiling and a nice mischievous twinkle in his eye. Just a really good kid. These things just make you look at your own and thank God that, at this moment, they are here with you and healthy. Beyond that, the numbness that you feel keep words at bay.

Thanks for your prayers. This family is the kind of family that makes America, or for that matter, any other place, a better place to live. They are Mayberry through and through.

This fella and 2 of his brothers do a lot of construction together. They were out roofing on Monday, which was a very hot day here. After eating lunch, since they were close to the lake, they decided to go down and swim to cool off. The boat ramp that they went to is remote and not always that busy. It faces an old road bed that ends where an old bridge was taken down. They decided to swim across to the old road bed which is probably 150yds away. On the way back, Josh yelled out and his brothers looked back to see him going under. They tried to find him but couldn't. I don't know if they were racing or not but from the sounds of everything, Josh got cramped up.

So sorry for the loss. Our prayers are with the family. The river here in Kansas ate a 10 year old last year. No body was ever recovered. The sand just ate him up. Small concellation, but your river gave the body back. I still pray they may find our lost souls body.

Swamp