Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bow Season

Brenden

hello all. Bow season opened up the 18th and man did i have a good time. Hung a stand about 200 yards from my honey hole (don't want to push them yet) and man did i see alot of deer going towards it, about 30 to be exact. Had a few old does come in looking up in the trees for me, then about 9am, i saw a small doe coming in and behind her was a nice buck. He was about 3 yr old, 8pt with about a 14-16 inch spread, nothing huge but boy did i get rubber legs! He walked under the treestand and then i stoped him at 22 yards at full draw. A small beech tree covered the vitals!!!!! He ended up seeing me in the tree about 20 minutes later as i stood up to get a chew of snuff and to streach, (he was 80 yards out and thinking about coming back!!! :o ) so i moved the stand today to another area across the creek. Saw a few does there while i was hanging the stand and also a small 6pt that i had seen a few weeks ago. Tuesday i have class late so i'll be in the stand at first light. I couldn't image not having bow season, i love being in the tree watching the animals, ive seen some pretty cool stuff. Just wanted to bs a little, and soon i'll have some pics up of a bow kill, i can taste the back straps now...mmmmm :D

Brenden

Brenden!

Glad to hear you're out hunting dude! Lord knows I'll see several dead deer on the side of highway when I'm up in your neck of the woods this December...kill several deer for me.

I myself and considering just hanging a deer feeder behind the house this year and hunting out of my garage. I almost ran over an 8-pointer Friday before last on my motorcycle about 200 yards up the road from the house so I know they're here. Maybe I could get him with a rifle instead of a motor vehicle?

Man yesturday was a good day. Saw 15 deer total, 3 bucks. Nothing huge, a nice 6 pt that didn't come into range as well as a small 6 and i passed up a 5-6" spike. Tons of deer going under my stand and even bedding down. None saw me or caught my wind, i'm 40' up in the tree, but maybe only 20 feet above ridgeline, its tough to hunt because of the slope of the land. Rut is going to start soon, both of the 6 points were very active at fighting. It was awsome to see to say the least. Jason, what are you doing up my way? We have too many deer and i could always use a helping hand of distpaching them :D

Brenden