Military Firearm Restoration Corner

If The Commie Wins

FC

The Constitution was made for the American people and anyone who can read a decent history book, can with a bit of effort, understand its meaning and intent.

true enough, but to what end? if it is not to apply the constitution to today's laws and circumstances, then it is nothing more than a historical lark. might as well read "Common Sense" by stinky thomas paine. interesting, but not operative by itself, not anymore.

about the only thing in the constitution to be usefully understood by the layman, using nothing more than the constitution itself, is the 3rd amendment. just about everything else has been applied enough over time to require some sophisticated education to usefully argue. which joe blow does not have unless he is a lawyer or the like. and while there are indeed too many lawyers these days, they are still a distinct minority of the population.

furthermore, even back in 1789, the constitution was not meant for every man. most people were illiterate; hence representative form of government and the electoral college.

the fact that the constitution itself can be understood these days by somebody who applies themself to that end does not mean most people "know how to use it." they can learn to do so, but most have not.

I can read and understand medical texts, but woe unto him whom I would operate on. similarly, I have a pretty good grasp on nucular matters and understand what I read, but if I were to try and apply nucular physics we would all look like blinky the fish in short order.

"but to what end?"

I teach the Constitution to keep alive in the minds of Americans the concept of "legitimacy" and, by so doing, remind both the governed and the governing of the principles of the American Government and, at need, both to encourage the people to again rise in their wrath and reassure them of the righteousness of their doing so.

Take care

Karl

A large portion of the votes for O were based on color, the economy, or dislike of Geo. That hardly constitutes a mandate. The economy votes are the ones that amaze me. The state of the economy, whether deserved or not, is laid at Geo's feet. While I feel sorry for anyone losing their house, I really do not think Geo is responsible for the individual decision to take out HELOCs for toys, to buy more house than one could afford, to sign for an ARM, etc.. What ever happened to personal responsibiltiy?

And what I find amazing is that the idiots that got themselves in trouble now feel confident that they are able to make a rationale decision about who should lead the country. For the most part, the fumb duckers said to hell with the country and voted for their own pocketbook. There is a YouTube video floating around of a woman interviewed during the victory speech party. She has her two daughters with her and states that now she no longer has to worry about making a house payment or putting gas in her car. O is going to do it all for her. She said she never thought there could be such a wonderful man. Idiots one and all.

I put up my new 48 star flag outside today. I won't fly the current flag until when and if the country returns to it's heritage.

I have enough time for a reserve retirement, but not an active duty retirement. I figure I will lose, in today's money, $280,000 by the time I'm 80. I don't figure we'll make it that long. Either way, I don't care anymore. I want to get some land, grow my own food, build my own furniture, and make my own electricity. I've lost the faith in the contemporary Americans, for the most part. It doesn't improve with time either.

As far as the Army, something personal. My boss is a black female. For some reason I can't figure out, she made chicken colonel. She has threatened twice (in front of a LTC witness) to "hit" me "upside the head" twice. This was a threat if I don't do what she wants. I told her she wasn't going to touch me. I was in a meeting, and she was sitting next to me. I dared to tell the section chief about a problem surgeon. She started smacking me with her knee. I kept on talking to him, and she kept smacking me harder. I'm pissed (to use a word I very rarely use). Not long after that we got into a shouting match. I told her she neither respects the nurses on my floor, nor me. She also only officially allows communication up the channel through her knowledge and consent. All ideas come from above, and every grain of sand goes through the narrow channel of her, the hourglass. I told her we all have experience and ideas, but there is no interest in this, just in directives. I told a good female colonel about this, but she figures I should do whatever I have to do to reach the abuser. Screw it- after this election, combined with the sorry likes of her, somebody else can do the job. When I get my informatics degree, the Army will still be wanting an informatics officer, but will have to look elsewhere. The LTC who was the witness- she wants out really bad, but is holding out for her 3 years as LTC to get the extra money. She told me another head nurse got reamed for having an equipment inservice and a charge nurse meeting without her highness's knowledge. I tell the employees pretty much everything that goes on, and I probably shouldn't. As my wife says, "Complain up, not down" (which does no good). I emailed the staff about a disagreement I had with JAG about patients that leave "against medical advice", and the liability of the nurses when this happens. Since the boss wants to know "everything", I sent it to her too. She sent it to the big boss nurse, who blew a gasket. From one letter she threatened me with the UCMJ. It's kind of like driving a car over a walnut to crack it open. Oh well, shows what being outspoken and having a mind of your own get ya. I made a bad judgement, this is true, but all this stuff plus the election is too much.

Part of the problem is that you, like me, are in a profession that the women tend to regard as theirs.

When I gave up being VP after about 10 years, one of the women I had always helped said "O good now we will have a woman in charge". That came as a bit of a shock.

Part of the problem is that no-one wants truth if it means that the career may take a down check.

Your boss is worried about what Her boss may think.

If they still give extended leave to officers, take some time and go reserve.

This will let you see what you think about about private practice.

Both the Hippy and I will keep you in our prayers.

Karl

P.S.

The woman that was so glad to see another woman in charge was forced out BY another woman.

As we used to say in my youth

"Cosmic Karma man"

Tony,

You have to make your own decisions, of course, but if'n you're askin', I think the best thing for you personally would be to smile a lot and put in for a transfer while you wait for 2010. I don't really know how the Army works on that transfer stuff, but anywhere sounds better than what you have.

Also, like it or not, the medical profession is totally screwed. It has been deliberatly destroyed. I'm talking the civilian side here. You would likely not have any problem finding a job out here, but the BS level is probably even higher than what you have now, only different. The government controls all of it, or worse, the lawyers and insurance bean counters. The O coming in will make it worse, once the economy settles down in a couple years. Actually, by the time you would get out the the Army, the O will be about cranking up on "free" healthcare for all. Guess who get screwed? Going hermit sounds attractive, but certainly has its own issues as well.

Try not to be too hard on the surgeons. They are under tremendous stress/workload. Sure, 99.9% of them are a-holes. Maybe 99.999%. Aw, all of them are. But 99% of them really do have the patient's best interest at heart. Sometimes they don't communicate that downstream very well. I could give you plenty of examples.

I can't transfer, and she's here almost as long as me. I will give her a fight if she wants it though.

The surgeons are generally okay, but they do what they want to do, that is, until I demand they follow the regulations.

Let me tell you about an experience I had back at Ft. Hood with a liberal poster boy. There was an anesthesiologist, a major, who was in Iraq with me. Back at Ft. Hood the butthole blamed me and people like me for the war, in front of a patient! He would talk to every patient about his hatred of "Bush". He wanted out real bad, and is now in Georgetown, near Austin (of course). I can't stand liberal buttholes. His response is typical of their rude, arrogant intolerance.

FC.

What Dr. Hess said about medicine goes for the teaching profession as well.

The books get more "student friendly" translate that as watered down every year and the content has to be seen to be believed.

Karl

Still, the forces of right will win as God is on our side.

If you do get out, perhaps you could find a small hospital where folks share your views.

Most of the folk at my school are traditionalists.

The pay is about HALF of what I would get in public school and no pension plan, (the Hippy never cared all that much for money anyway, she is one in a million ) so I am free to teach Americanism.

There are, I am sure, places where your views will be valued and respected.

Transfer to the Navy and work with the Marines.

There is something to be said for $280,000, but my honor is worth more than that. Group think is huge in the military, and I'm pretty outspoken. I get a lot of things done, but I have to go around the road block of "the chain of command" to make things happen. Believe me, this hasn't gone unnoticed!

Anyway, the Navy said "no" to me due to my bad hearing, and so did the Air Force. Still, I won't willingly have the beloved one as my commander-in-chief.

flaco said McCain supporters were mostly uneducated(blue collar),rural(hillbilly country folk hicks)and evangelistic Christians(believe in and love God),and I have to agree with him.I work in a college town and see every day the educated,head steel,tattoed,scum with their pants down past their crack and all the young ladies that are 30lbs overweight with their belly showing and all the black lipstick and purple hair with their obama stickers.Those young folks were raised by not parents,but by society.Complete strangers were in charge of their lives for the first 5 years of their life,and then teachers finished off their raising.They have no family values,love of Mom or Dad or God,and all their thoughts are what professors have drilled into their heads.I'll respect the judgement of a hay hauling,church going,country living,highschool graduate over a 6 year college graduate with ear spools,florecent green hair and Oriental tatto's any day.I'm around both crowds and see who voted for obama and don't have to read or hear from the media to know who voted for the muslim.McCain had a very sad following until obama was nominated.The black folks of this country would have voted for O.J. Simpson if he had ran.If obama can give me 4 years of the great life like I've lived the last 10 years without taxing me to financial ruination,and stealing all my retirement so others can have one,I may vote for him next election.Since we know nothing about him except that he was a community organizer,we'll see.After reading parts of his 2 books,I'll never eat those words,I'm sure.Tony,I think obama will help build the Repulican party back to where it should be.People will believe anything until their money starts drying up.I'll never forget 911! Jerry

Nobody would take action on that anesthesiologist. There's a caste system. Good chance an enlisted person would have been in trouble, but not this guy. When I told a retiree nurse anesthetist that his speech was subversive, he just snickered and smiled.

I believe most NRA members got their email from them. Here's a short excerpt from that email. It illustrates some of the battles that lie ahead.

This week, it became clear that the new administration's anti-gun agenda even infects the process of staffing the administration. A widely disseminated questionnaire for those applying for administration jobs asks:

"(59) Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

HSUS Calls For Ban on Ammunition: The extremist animal "rights" group, the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), is back to its old tricks. Earlier this week, the vehemently anti-hunting and anti-gun group once again called for a nationwide ban on lead ammunition, saying that studies by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the North Dakota Department of Health prove that game shot with lead ammunition poses a health threat to those who consume it.

Spiris