Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Hiding Guns!

AzRednek

By brainstorming come up with suggestions, no matter how far fetched on possible ways to hide guns, ammo reloading equipment etc. Long term preservation ideas can also be suggested. Possibly some far fetched ideas can be dissected, tweaked, combined and some logical solutions derived.

Polinidad, do you think this would be possible? I was thinking a friendly, trusted or well paid mortician could hide a weapons/ammo cache in a metal casket and bury it in a graveyard.

Don what do you think about hiding guns/ammo in walls close to where the wiring clusters in the vicinity of the breaker box?

Bury guns in the yard of a vacant or abandoned home.

Remember I said far fetched, what about a phony septic tank??

Any ideas, no matter how crazy are welcome.

Buried below ground weather casked or septic tank would make me worry about rust.

Now if you had the volume of a septic tank you could take plastic 55 gal. drums and jam

them full of barreled actions then top it off with oil.

Again well oiled or a light cosmo, might work sealed up behind the drywall of an occupied house.

I'm not sure what the concern is about the electrical service. As long as the gun isn't going to rub

through the insulation of the wires, I see no problem.

I'm not sure what the concern is about the electrical service. As long as the gun isn't going to rub

through the insulation of the wires, I see no problem.

I don't see it as a problem, I'm wondering if a long gun could be hidden behind or among the wiring harness and fool a metal detector.

Don't know about where to hide em, but as far as ammo goes, vacumm seal them with a food saver in 100rd lots. I have 50rd flip lid boxes vac sealed.. Keeps out moisture...Just my .0368 worth...Dave oh, I also put in some deccessent bags for good measure.

I wonder how far and deep the brown shirts will search for guns, how lenient or tough the courts will be issuing search warrants and if we will be forced to comply with random searches.

Friend of my parents lived in Warsaw Poland during WW2. He claimed his house was literally axed apart by the Gestapo looking for guns and radios. In the 60's I saw what the FBI could do after serving a search warrant on my neighbor's house. The FBI didn't actually destroy anything but left such an unbelievable mess I'll never forget it. The second search on the same day they went as far as emptying food items like rice, cereal, flour sugar etc from packages, removed the old spring cushions from the sofa, disassembled their stove, contents of drawers were dumped and left on bed and floor, removed light fixtures from the ceiling, and medicine cabinets out of the wall. To add insult to the injury the FBI told them not to disturb anything because they would likely be back but never did return.