Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Falco Must Be Happy

karlunity

I think it's "Flaco."

Basically, over half the people in the country are happy today.

The question is, "How many of them will be happy a year from now?"

I personally hope they will be, but I have nagging reservations. It must be my conservative right-wing leanings.........

Clemson :ph34r:

I'm apprehensive, Karl, like anyone else who can think.

I despise Joe Biden, and don't think much of Sarah Brady who has interpreted the election as a referendum on gun control.

My view is that Barack didn't do this all by himself. One needn't be a political analyst to see that the results of this election are a backlash, the direct result of eight years of monumental mismanagement by the Bush Administration.

To me, this--the mismanagement--is not open to interpretation.

No President, and no Party, for that matter, can hope to continue with a 25% approval rating.

The only gloating I will do is to remind my fellow contributors of my post--how many years ago?--to the effect that the Democrats need do nothing, as sooner or later Bush policies would result in the kind of disarray our nation faces now.

I believe we were in better condition after Pearl Harbor.

To me, nothing can replace a sound, productive economy, and right now our treasury is tapped.

We're borrowing from the Chinese, and everyone else.

Note that neither candidate spoke of balancing the budget. Didn't this use to be one of the planks of the Republican platform?

I'm hoping that as he promised, Obama will move towards the center. And include in his Cabinet those from the other side of the aisle.

I take succor from Colin Powell's endorsement. I believe Powell to be one of our strongest leaders, and hope he is included in the new Administration.

I am consoled by the fact that when Obama was elected President of Law Review at Harvard, he was nominated by his conservative colleagues. They chose him for his moderation.

On the issue that brings us all here, I believe experience is a harsh teacher.

Obama's experience of firearms is urban, and to him they represent violence, crime, and bloodshed.

My perspective is that our cause will be best served by an education campaign.

One of us needs to invite the President Elect to the range, to sample the simple pleasures--and discipline--of trap and skeet, benchrest, position shooting, reloading, and all the things that we so enjoy.

Someone needs to explain that history is huge factor in the pleasure Pennsylvanians take from firearms, and tell him about the importance of Kentucky rifles, their place in American history, and that rather than coming from Kentucky, they come from Pennsylvania.

Someone need to show him a fine custom rifle, and explain the work and craftsmanship that goes into it.

What we don't need--and what scares me--is the kind of antagonistic vitriol I've seen on the internet.

The kind of ranting that can only confirm to liberals that we are, as so many believe, paranoid, crazed, dangerous idiots.

flaco

oh man... i'm kinda with flaco on some of this... ugh! scary! =)

i agree we have to temper some of our outrage and replace it with education and tolerance. there's not much we can do to change what happened yesterday, so we need to get the word out there that the majority of gun owners are law abiding, good people. criminals with guns are just that, criminals, and don't care if they break firearms laws.

sorry, been drinking...

heath

"One of us needs to invite the President Elect to the range, to sample the simple pleasures--and discipline--of trap and skeet, benchrest, position shooting, reloading, and all the things that we so enjoy.

Someone needs to explain that history is huge factor in the pleasure Pennsylvanians take from firearms, and tell him about the importance of Kentucky rifles, their place in American history, and that rather than coming from Kentucky, they come from Pennsylvania"

flaco.

I will drop him a line next time I run into him at the VFW.

As bad as McCain was, and I recall the gang of 14, his views were far closer to mine than Obama's and his liberal friends are.

What the GOP did was to try and win the election by running a RINO who was about as close to a liberal dem as you can find in the GOP. The dems tried the same trick with Kerry in 2004 with the same result.

Still, I hope that Obama turns out to be the best president since TR.

If he leaves our guns alone, closes the border, ends free trade and brings jobs back to the USA, I will vote for him myself in 2012.

Karl

oh man... i'm kinda with flaco on some of this... ugh! scary! =)

i agree we have to temper some of our outrage and replace it with education and tolerance. there's not much we can do to change what happened yesterday, so we need to get the word out there that the majority of gun owners are law abiding, good people. criminals with guns are just that, criminals, and don't care if they break firearms laws.

sorry, been drinking...

heath

I'm with you sad day, been drinking!!!!!