Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Encouraging Things In Life

FC

You know, there are crummy times in life, and there are devastating times in life. One of those devastating times was Tuesday and Wednesday, when the election occured. The day after the election I was so upset that I had stomach pain and anguish over the death of the America of 1776 and 1945. It was not a conquering of America from without, but from within. The damage that is going to occur will be very difficult to reverse, if it can even be reversed. America needs statesmen, but has precious few of them, except for ordinary folks like us. I'll be honest- will the time come when we are forced to armed rebellion against our governing authorities? Perhaps. There are people that take special glee in putting down us ignorant types that are conservative. They get a kick at your expense.

There are some encouraging things in life though that I will share with you. We have a Yorkie, but just bought a Silky Terrier pup. He is a precious 2 lb. bit of life. Dogs have a way of making you feel loved, and making life better on bad days. I have a wife that is my friend. I also have three daughters: One almost 13, 14, and almost 16. The 16 y/o is very disrespectful, but the other two are good to me. Of particular encouragement is Lilly, the youngest. Here are some excerpts of her emails the last few days:

"So you're resigning... That's really sad. What kind of job are you going to get afterward? Well, you've done alot of good in the many years you've been in the

Army. You're too good for them anyway in my opinion. Will you have to move after you resign? Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, you shouldn't quit just because you don't like our president. I don't think it's right that you sacrifice you're job because of this... Though I do see why you don't want to be in a military that serves our nation and is told what to do by Obama.

"You know, now you have to have good grades and be a role model for us even more, but I'm always proud of you. You know, your a really great person and Barbara is really lucky and so am I. I'm just really proud of everything you do and how nice you are. So you know, the reason why I strive to get good grades is for you. I want and hope to be like you and successful like you when I'm older. I can't wait to see you and Barbara again. I just keep thinking about next summer."

That is praise to be treasured.

I deal with kids for a living and unlike adults, kids WILL tell what they truly think of you.

You have to be both a good father and husband to have earned that letter.

Well done.

Karl

"I keep wondering where I can move to"

FC.

I am heading South as soon as I retire.

As far as the kids future, I would say find what they are interested in then look for a good high school, one that has true Christian values, than keep a good eye on the texts she is issued, (PC is rampant in the education system) after that a good college.

I am no longer recommending enlistment or taking a commission to students.

Karl