Military Firearm Restoration Corner

War On Drugs

ken98k

http://www.yahoo.com/s/999117

I find it amazing that thousands of people are being killed and the US government is sending millions of dollars to Mexico to fight these gangs, all so our fellow Americans can get high.

How many times have I heard people say "a little pot never hurt anyone."

Why don't they go after the users?

The government hasn't won the war on drugs because it doesn't want to - there's too much money tied up in fighting it.

Its kinda like medicine - the money's in the treatment, not the cure.

The War on Drugs has been a total disaster. Trying to stop drug use has caused more damage to our society than the drugs themselves. We should make all drugs legal and give them all away free to anyone who wants them. Only we have to give out a LD100 dose. The problem will take care of itself shortly. It will never happen. Prisons are a growth industry and have been for a while now. Our politicians are getting rich off of this, both sides, just like during Prohibition. Our police departments are militiarized to the point that the standard police officer runs around with a full combat pack and armor.

What really irks me is that the drug lords of today are going to be our political leaders of tomorrow, just like the Kennedys today are leftover from the prohibition period rum runners.

make it legal....add a tax....take the tax money to pay for rebab for those who want help...this gives me back my money...take the burden off the police...takes all the money out of it..70-80 % of people are in jail for buying ,selling.or stealing to buy..yes drug use will go up in the short term...but now its impossible to get in rehab because all the money goes to the war on drugs..its just like prohibition

I wish the govt would legalize it and hand it out for free. Require the junkies to be neutered and spayed in exchange for free drugs. It would keep the junkies from reproducing and most would be off of welfare and dead by age 40. Govt pays a small fee to bury them and saves thousands by not having to rehabilitate or lock them up. Much cheaper to let them kill themselves.

Yesterday I had to show ID to buy a box of Sudafed. A 98 cent box of generic used to last me 6 months. Now I pay close to 5 bux for 30 lousy pills. All because druggies use it to make speed. We should give it to the junkies for free. After their hearts race, raising their blood pressure to about 10,000 PSI all we have to do is dig a hole and bury them. After parenting in the foster care program and seeing what meth addicts do to their kids. Most addicts aren't deserving of a life and should be allowed to legally euthanize themselves.

Better get off the soap box, just thinking about the damage illegal drugs has done to Phoenix raises my blood pressure.