Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Resignation Won't Go Through

FC

FC.

You are doing GOOD work.

The brass may dam fools but the troops are good .

Hang in there, everyone you put back together is another good American YOU saved.

Karl

Heck, you might even get to work on some Marines and I could not wish them in better hands than yours.

Tony,

With the economy slowing down there's a bunch of people looking for work and there will probably be a bunch more who are going to be looking for work before things are all said and done. I know you're not too wild about your job; I'm not too, too fond about either of mine and really, I don't know too many people who are in love with theirs either. But, you do have a job and that at least puts you ahead of a bunch of other people. While it may suck, you might as well keep on working down in Hawaii. You've got job security and a lot better benefits than most - and that's not a horrible position to be in just now.

This is just one man's opinion, so take it for what its worth.

-Jason

Yeah, I know, but I was trying to stand on principle. Anyway, at least the medical sector has fair job security.

Hey, I just got the neatest gift from a guy working in Japan- an honest to gosh porcelain Japanese last ditch hand grenade! I'll have to get a picture of it and post the instructions. Wish I could post pdf's. It's one of the neatest gifts I've ever gotten. The Japs ran out of metal, so made porcelain hand grenades for the civilians, and porcelain land mines. Anybody ever heard of them?

Look at the email I just got. Can you believe it? European-American Heritage celebration?! EUROPEAN AMERICAN OBSERVANCE TODAY - Please attend Tripler's 1st European American Observance. Today Kyser Auditorium from 1330-1430.

"deliberately tanked economy"

Dr. Hess.

Great minds and all that.

I have been saying for months that the Dem's created the "crisis" in order to win the election.

The war was going badly for the Dems , America were winnning...so a winning environment( fear and gloom) had to be created for Obama which is what Chuck did when he fed the poison pill to Bear Stearn.

Only problem is that things are getting or appear to be getting,a "tad"out of control.

Karl

FC, you know slaves can't quit!

You could probably do very well for yourself in the civilian market. But, you are a senior officer stationed in Hawaii. Life can't be too bad.

Whenever I think life is reaching a low I just remember that I could be pumping raw sewage in Greenland.

Jimro

Life can't be too bad unless you work for a controller whose power has gone to their head, do you (pardon the self-pity and ingratitude for employment for just a moment). Anyway, I still won't work willingly for Obama, and I truly hate his Marxist guts. I do not wish him well, nor do I wish him success.

As for Obama and his ilk, I do not wish them well either.

The Pastor said that you should not wish good luck for evil people.

As to who you work for:

You do not work for Obama any more than I worked for Nixon, Carter or Reagan.

You work for the American people and for the troops you take care of and that is how it should be.

The American military, except in the minds of some brass kissing careerists, does not and is not suppose to work for any President.

The US armed forces are NOT the King's own.

As to having to work for dam fools, well unless you are born rich or some how gain independent wealth, dam fool bosses and orders are a fact of life.

Have a beer, think how Lucky you are to have a good wife and cheer up.

Whenever life starts to stink, I go look at the Hippy and remember just how kind and generous the Lord has been to my undeserving self.

Karl

Could be worse, the Army could send you to med school and then assign you to be Obamy's personal physician. : (

Life can't be too bad unless you work for a controller whose power has gone to their head, do you

Yes, I do. That and much, much worse. The grass ain't necessarily greener in the other pasture once you get over the fence; trust me.

I'm going to have to echo Jim. You're a senior officer stationed in Hawaii. Even if your boss is a douche and you can't stand the people you work with, there are far worse places/situations you could be stuck in.