Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Japanese Porcelain Hand Grenade

FC

I was given this WW2 Japanese porcelain hand grenade by a retiree working civil service for the Navy in Japan. Really a neat gift! He said they were given to civilians to throw at Americans. There just wasn't enough iron. He said there were ceramic land mines too. It was ignited by scratching the top like a match.

Ceramic Hand Grenade

schematic

website

Sure is.

It is fairly heavy; I'd guess two or three pounds. It's fairly heavy.

Tom, any further rumblings from the secessionist movement in TX? I doubt it would be accepted, but if Texans thought that they could be prosperous if apart from the rest of the country it might happen. If Texans' gun rights were infringed much they might do that too.

Sure is.

It is fairly heavy; I'd guess two or three pounds. It's fairly heavy.

Tom, any further rumblings from the secessionist movement in TX? I doubt it would be accepted, but if Texans thought that they could be prosperous if apart from the rest of the country it might happen. If Texans' gun rights were infringed much they might do that too.

No haven't heard anything, It would take a lot to get to that point but I could see it happen if things get really bad.

If it does happen, I will move to TX.

Karl

I left California in Jan 2006 after 50 years there. Moved home to Texas. If Texas does leave the union, we probably won't let anyone from California in. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas to all!

• 2 weeks later...

The japanese ceramic grenade was made for the navy. They usually have chips on the lip at the opening for the fuze because GIs would use Kabars to take the fuzes out. You did pretty good, they are fairly common but are around 80 dollars a piece.