Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Mom

spec4 e4

Went to the doctor today with mom. Had an few minutes with the doctor alone. I asked how long she has, he told me 6 to 8 weeks. She really not doing to good, even bring in an aunt to help while me an my sister is working. Not that happy about it, but when you need help, you can not chose who help. I have watch this proud woman ask for help, which she has never done, but am glad to help an way I can. As a boy, I can remember her working to jobs to put food on the table, cloths on our backs, and a roof over our heads without help. She took care of her mother and father and not wanting any thing in return. An my grandmother put everyone thur hell. Her body quit, but she had not. She is a fighter and may she keep on fight.

Rob

Well sir, if this is to be her last Christmas, and hopefully not, be with her and make it as good as possible. Be the coolest head in the bunch - that will ease her best.

Prayers during this tough time are with you.

Ron

Rob i hate to hear that about your mother. I hope that the doctor doesn't know what he's talking about and she recoveres. Prayers for you and your family. Have a blessed christmas.

Brenden

Rob,

Very sorry to hear this. It's never the right time. As others have said, tell her how you feel like you told us. It will mean the world to her.

I lost my mother in Feb of 2008. I regret not hugging her more and telling her that I loved her more. Please, tell her now and often.

steve

Rob I couldn't have stated it any better than Littlecanoe. I know exactly what you're going through at the moment. If financially possible stay home and spend the time with your mom. I certainly wish I lived close enough to help out. If there is anything I can do long distance, please ask.

Rob I still have both my parents,so I really can't imagine what your going through,but I sure feel helpless not having anything to say that might pick you up,except that I'll be leaving here in 5 hours to spend the day with my folks,and your post has gotten me excited about seeing them.I tend to take things for granted until someone like you touch me up.Give her your hugs and kisses,and give her one from all of us here. Jerry

I would like to thanks everyone for the kind words. Christmas was great. I got my shirts, a spot(GPS locator), Wife got a few things. My sister got an IPod, and my niece, well, she got alot. My mom got what she always wanted, a good Chef knife. I bought her an German steel and made knife. It is very sharp. Cost me $136.00 for it. But she loved it. That is what matter. Mom was just alittle upset that she could not afford things, but I told her the thoughts is what count. And that is the meaning of Christmas. I know that she does not have the money for Christmas and We(my wife and I) was running two house with our pay. Thank God for the GREAT job from USF Glen Moore.

We bought dinner from Bob Evans and just heated it up. My was to sick to cook but it was ok. All in all, it was great. My Aunt Pam is coming up on the Jan 1st., but I need to work and pay bills.

Thanks again

Rob