Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Check This Out:

roscoedoh

I had a blank spot on my living room wall I need to fill in. This was my quick weekend project that started Sunday evening to do just that:

0106092225-00.jpg

Now then...who recognizes this?

Larry McMurtry got the Lonesome Dove name from an old Baptist church and cemetery that use to be northwest of Grapevine Tex,near where ShooterTom lives.He said in an interview,he was at the Ponder Steakhouse in Ponder Tex.,when the Lonesome Dove Baptist Church bus pulled up,and the name was stuck in his head.I've met McMurtry twice,but he didn't meet me.He is a stuckup,arrogant,better than thou S.O.B.,but the man can write.You either like his books or movies,or you don't.No in between.I can't figure out why they haven't made a movie from Leaving Cheyenne.

That's pretty interesting how Lonesome Dove got its name. I would not have thought it'd happened like that. Interesting.

I cannot comment on the rest of his books, but I have read the entire Lonesome Dove series. I could have (probably should have) stopped with just Lonesome Dove, but I had to know how things ended. All in all, they weren't bad, but they were not as good as the first book.

AK, the phrase translates roughly into a "grape changes color when it sees grape."

Night all.

-Jason