Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Classic Barrel Works Should Be Avoided

Vladymere

25 months ago I sent a Gew.88 based sporting rifle barreld action to Classic Barrel Works in Prescott, Arizona to be rebored.

On the rare instances that his mailbox is clear enough to leave a voice mail he fails to respond. E-mail contact through his web site is undelivered.

I suspect that I may never see this rifle again.

I recomend that Danny Pendersen and Classic Barrel Works be avoided if you are considering barrel work by them.

Eric Easterling aka Vlad

I think I remember the photos you posted at the time. It was a very nice rifle.

I would get some legal advise if I was in your situation. And if that doesn't get any results, go visit Mr. Pendersen with a Louisville slugger!

Kenny

Vlad,

this gunsmith came up on Accurate Reloading and 24 hour campfire with a customer problem.

looks like AR deleated it but there are bits and pieces of the discussion on 24 hr if you do a name search.

maybe he changed contact info, but still does not justify no communications with a customer.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Seem to remember something like this going on with lee shaver. gent had a rolling block in for work and ended up going through the districk attorney's office or something similar. Had sent registered letters, return receipt requested before he even got a reply. He did have the work completed on his rifle but was still mad because he had to go through all the legal wrangling before he got any results. And this was posted on the graybeard outdoors forums. From what I understand Mr. Shaver no longer does gunsmithing. But I also could be wrong. Frank