Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Empty Shelves At The Local Gun Shop

karlunity

Fellas.

I read about the ammo and gun shortage and I knew the prices had gone up...BUT...its not till today that the reality of it hit me.

I went to the local Turner's...the ammo tables were almost as in 98 percent empty.

Except for the high end shot guns, most of the racks of rifles were sold and there was only about 6 handguns on display.

At first, I feared that the store was going out of Business..but the once eager sales people were looking mightily pleased.

Something is up...

karl

It's pretty much the same story here.

I think the NRA has got everyone in a panick so they're hoarding the stuff.

IMHO it really doesn't make much sense to hoard massive amounts of ammo because if they make it illegal to own, you'll become a felon and we know from past experience (Ruby Ridge) the ATF and FBI have no qualms about killing you or your family to get it.

If "they make it illegal to own", there can only be one reason and then we will be forced to deal with the reality that Washington and the fellas at Lexington and Concord had to deal with.

200,000,000 free Americans in arms CANNOT be conquered by any possible force an evil and degenerate state may bring against them.

We shall only become slaves, IF we are willing to hand in our arms and put on our chains.

I do not expect that nor do I expect another George III. I do expect a political reaction at the polls in less than two years and if the GOP does not do a better job, I expect the birth of two or more new political parties in America.

Karl

IMHO it really doesn't make much sense to hoard massive amounts of ammo because if they make it illegal to own, you'll become a felon

I have a feeling we will see some pretty severe restrictions and regulations in the future. I don't think any politician with a IQ a tenth of a point higher than Harry Reid's would support any legislation forcing citizens to hand them over or become felons.

I have to admit to being guilty of contributing to the shortage problems by hoarding as much as I could find and afford. My gut feeling says we will likely have some pretty drastic changes as we did with NFA weapons in the 80's. Hopefully any new restrictions will have Grandfather clauses on firearms and ammo we currently possess.

If a bunch of Dr bills hadn't caught up with me I would have hoarded even more. Wish I currently had more discretionary funds. I'd be loading up on the Eastern European mil-surp pistols that are now being sold for under 200 bucks. Like the Mausers that used to be dirt cheap, once they are gone, they're gone and prices go crazy.

I have a feeling we will see some pretty severe restrictions and regulations in the future. I don't think any politician with a IQ a tenth of a point higher than Harry Reid's would support any legislation forcing citizens to hand them over or become felons.

I have to admit to being guilty of contributing to the shortage problems by hoarding as much as I could find and afford. My gut feeling says we will likely have some pretty drastic changes as we did with NFA weapons in the 80's. Hopefully any new restrictions will have Grandfather clauses on firearms and ammo we currently possess.

If a bunch of Dr bills hadn't caught up with me I would have hoarded even more. Wish I currently had more discretionary funds. I'd be loading up on the Eastern European mil-surp pistols that are now being sold for under 200 bucks. Like the Mausers that used to be dirt cheap, once they are gone, they're gone and prices go crazy.

There can be no doubt that this whole thing is being orchrestated by some group or groups.

*The anti’s benefit any time there is a crime commited by someone who has an “arsenal” even if it’s a few 22 semi’s and a brick of ammo.

*The republicans love to get the gun owners stirred up so they can make points toward re-elected (just remember they didn’t do schit their last 12 years in power).

*The firearms and ammo manufacturers are making money had over fist and will continue to do so until the market is saturated.

*You and I are the pawns (suckers) in the whole deal.

Glad I bought it all several years ago. I have loads of ammo and reloading supplies. Me give it up? Nope!

Think about it- we could easily make a gun if we wanted to, so to ban them is fairly futile. At best a ban would remove modern firearms, but would never be able to prevent somebody from making a crude firearm.

*The republicans love to get the gun owners stirred up so they can make points toward re-elected (just remember they didn’t do schit their last 12 years in power).

Not true. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of...rce_in_Arms_Act

I know that we specialize in old milsurp rifles on this board, but that doesn't mean American manufacturers should be sued out of business.

Jimro